- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £32,000.00 - £37,000.00 gross per year
- TYNE AND WEAR TYNE AND WEAR
We are proudly representing our client based in Tyne and wear for their search for an Senior Maintenance Engineer. They now have an immediate requirement to recruit a permanent member to the team.
- You will be working alongside the Senior OEE/Facilities engineer and reporting to the Production Manager.
- In this role you will be responsible for the team tasked with the upkeep and regular planned maintenance of site services and utilities.
- You will need to implement agreed day to day, medium and long term strategies as well as working alongside the other engineering functions in the commissioning and implementation of new plant and progress.
- Also supporting the commissioning of new equipment and ensuing that equipment in place supports efficient production n including the introduction of new products.
- You will have to carry out day to day people management of the team to ensure that Maintenance Technicians benefit from excellent communication, strong leadership and remain self-motivated when providing support to the operations department and other stakeholders.
- Someone with a minimum of 5 years in a similar role supervising a team of multi-disciplined maintenance technicians.
- A person with strong organisational skills and a leader who can motivate, foster and remain a strong team ethic amongst an autonomous work group.
- Needs to have a time serviced apprenticeship/Higher National Diploma or Degree Level Qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Someone who has a thorough technical background in equipment and infrastructure - Familiar with fast moving production operation, able to facilitate 24/7 operations.
- Has an advanced knowledge of mechanical/electrical engineering.
- Should have experience in using MFG Pro, MS Excel - understanding of chemistry principles.
- Fully conversant with Lean Manufacturing techniques, including: TPM, SMED, Kaizen and autonomous teams.
- Day shift role
- Competitive salary
- Global company
- lean manufacturing