- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- MANCHESTER GB
Post Title: Senior Management Accountant
Accountable to: Financial Reporting Manager
The Group Reporting team are responsible for producing financial information and reports for the Manchester United group of entities which is shared with a variety of key stakeholders and relevant external bodies. As the Senior Management Accountant, it will be your responsibility to produce the Group’s Management accounts and various Board packs, ensuring accuracy of the content anddemonstratinga strong understanding of the numbers and key drivers along with Board level commentary;
Similarly, you will look to drive improvements to the Group’s internal reporting processes and continue to enhance the quality of financial information being produced. A key part of the role will involve ensuring consistency of information across the board, as well as dealing with requests from both internal and external parties e.g. Chief Financial Officer and Auditors respectively.
The successful candidate will be a practice qualified accountant (ACCA or ACA) with ideally a minimum one years’ extensive, management reporting experience in an industry role.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- The production of the Group’s Management accounts and various Board packs, ensuring accuracy of the content.
- Drivingimprovements in the quality and consistency of financial information produced whilst ensuring all internal/external reporting deadlines are met;
- Communicate effectively with the Commercial Finance team to ensure Management accounts are accurate and reflect budget holder expectations;
- Involvement in Commercial contract revenue recognition.
- Provide support to the Group treasury function, working closely with the FP&A and Financial Operations teams in monitoring and minimising foreign currency exposure. Includes analysis and understanding of group fx movements and impact of exposure with the Group’s hedging activities;
- Involvement in external quarterly reporting processes from a Commercial revenue perspective
- Assist with year-end and quarterly interim processes, including production of various schedules, providing assistance with audit queries, as well as internal requests from the Group’s Investor Relations team;
- Involvement in hedge accounting and share based payment accounting; This is a terrific role for a first or second time mover from a large practice where you will be afforded the broad exposure of experience and unique opportunity only possible within an elite football club, a globalbrand andNYSE listed company.