- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 17 locations across the UK, employing 5,000 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £590m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 80,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $9bn.
We are continuing to invest in our Financial Services Accounting Advisory practice. To facilitate this growth we are expanding our dynamic team, providing prospects to develop and support us in realising the growing market opportunity.
As a Senior Manager in our Financial Services Accounting Advisory team you will play a key role supporting leadership to ensure we continue to deliver quality service to our clients; providing accounting advice, support across accounting change (IFRS 9, 16 and 17 and transition between frameworks), group reorganisations and structuring, financial instruments accounting and reporting and other aspects of accounting, including training.
• Support the Accounting Advisory Leader to scope, win and deliver accounting advisory engagements with reference to client needs, ensuring high quality advice and support to our clients
• Lead and deliver assignments in the required timeframe as agreed with the client
• Act as a subject matter expert on technical accounting matters and supporting audit teams with such matters that arise during the course of an audit
• The primary point of contact with senior members of client teams, including members of the C-Suite and other executives
• Take a lead role in the identification of business development opportunities and bringing them to the attention of the Accounting Advisory Leader
• Realise opportunities through marketing and development of thought leadership, publications, methodologies and other collateral
• Work collaboratively with other services lines when projects require specialist accounting advisory input
• Ensure projects are well managed, commercially viable by budgeting effectively and bill clients promptly
• Coach and develop a team of junior staff with varied skillsets, potentially outside of the accounting advisory engagement(s)
• Develop an internal network within BDO UK and internationally
• Professional qualification ACA or ACCA or equivalent
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to influence, lead, engage and manage a number of stakeholders
• Ability to lead and deliver complex accounting advisory engagements, including planning, controlling and completing a diverse range of assignments that adhere to firm policy on quality
• Demonstrated knowledge of relevant technical standards (IFRSs and UK GAAP) and relevant laws and regulations, such as the Companies Act
• Experience of delivery of accounting advice with clients across the financial services sector, particularly banks and / or insurers
• Prior experience of business development, as well as proposal writing and presenting to clients
• Efficient and effective time management and organisation skills
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.