- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Hours: 35 hours a week
Commercial & Procurement Senior Manager with SAP Ariba experience
As a Senior Manager within the Commercial & Procurement (C&P) Advisory practice, you’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the UK’s largest companies across many aspects of their global Commercial and Procurement functions.
You’ll be a part of a collaborative team that applies the latest technologies, analytics and leading methodologies to help transform clients’ procurement, commercial and contract management delivery, and make a real contribution to building a better working world.
You’ll bring innovative solutions to our clients and work with the latest digital applications such as data analytics, AI, robotic process automation and IOT as well as leading software technologies such as SAP ARIBA & S/4 HANA. We would expect such technologies to be a passion of yours and something you can help us continue to build.
We are looking for people who are passionate about Procurement transformation, commercial excellence, digital innovation, advanced analytics and developing creative solutions within the Commercial & Procurement profession. We also want people who are great communicators, who collaborate well with people and in teams, and who have a real desire to learn.
Your key responsibilities
As an C&P Senior Manager, you’ll be part of a diverse, wider team and will be directly working with our clients on complex SAP Ariba engagements. Specifically, we would expect:
- Project Management delivery experience of several clients delivering a variety of SAP Ariba modules. This would include driving to an outcome and set of milestones whilst also managing technology challenges with ECC, S/4 Hana, CPI, CIG, APIs etc.
- Hands on implementation experience of 3 or more of the following: Ariba Sourcing, Contracts, Buying, Invoicing, Commerce Automation, SCC, Risk and SLP
- Strong systems lifecycle delivery experience inclusive of design, builds, test, run and support
- Delivery familiarity with SAP Ariba Shared Services, SAP Ariba Field Services and wider customer engagement teams
- Use and production of BRWs, Collection worksheets and Process Design documents
- Comfortable with SAP organisational navigation and not just SAP Ariba
- Ability to nurture those less experienced without compromising client delivery
Although skilled in Procurement and SAP Ariba we would also expect you to deliver in the following areas a Senior Manager where demand dictates:
- Go-To Market – Supporting clients on the sourcing, delivery of complex procurements and development of contracts tailored to their requirements
- Operational Procurement Excellence - Developing Delivery Models and implementing structural change in Procurement process and systems
- Procurement Strategy Op Model and Org Design – Supporting businesses in the restructuring of their Commercial & Procurement functions, through Operating Model and Organisational Design
- Through-Life Procurement Management – Designing building and implementingSupplier and Contract management processes, systems and capabilities to help clients get the best out of their 3rd party relationships
You will have experience developing and leading sales opportunities leading to new projects and revenue sources for the firm. Packaging overall project findings into high-quality products and acting as a subject matter resource on one or more projects, leveraging knowledge and experience. You will serve as a role model for Quality & Risk Management and make sure that project teams understand and comply with our guidelines.
You should be comfortable leading teams of at least 4-5 people, including client and internal staff, developing the team through effective supervising, coaching, and mentoring. In your role as team leader you will independently handle your deliverables in this role and consistently drive projects to completion and determine that work is of high quality.
You will be required to conduct performance reviews and contribution to performance feedback for all levels of staff and contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training CEP professionals. As part of this you will be responsible for maintaining a personal educational program to continually develop personal skills. As a leader you will have to understand, follow and communicate workplace policies and procedures to all levels of staff and Act as a role model for EY value, integrity and professional ethics
With guidance from partners, associate partners and directors, you will identify potential business opportunities. You will be involved in developing proposals and drawing on your knowledge and experience create innovative commercial solutions for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs.
Another important part of your role will be actively establishing, maintaining and strengthening internal and external relationships. You will be expected to play a key part in developing international and multi million pound offerings further by shaping EY's point of view on client issues.
Skills and attributes for success
1.Technical skill requirements:
You will have a strong academic record including a degree or equivalent qualification. An ideal candidate will also hold a professional body membership or qualification e.g. from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS), or the International Association of Commercial & Contract Management (IACCM). You should also have at least 8 years’ experience in an operational and consulting role in two or more of the following skill areas:
Go To Market
·Supply Portfolio Optimisation
·Creation and implementation of Sourcing Strategies
·Implementing Category Management
·OJEU/ Utilities Procurement
·Procurement of major programmes
·Developing Commercial models
·Contract strategy and drafting
·Complex commercial negotiations
·Performance management framework
·Supplier performance reporting & monitoring
·SAP ARIBA as outlined above
·Delivering process efficiencies
·RPA/ AI in Procurement/ Commercial processes
·Operational cost reduction
·Contract change control
Procurement Strategy Op Model and Org Design
·Global Procurement transformation
·Procurement capability & maturity review
·Systems Design & Technology
Contract Lifecycle Management
·Design & implementation of Procurement and/or Contract Governance
·Supplier development & relationship management
·Supplier risk management
·Ongoing Category management
·Supplier & Vendor Management
·Commercial Assurance/ Compliance reviews
·Benefits realisation and management
You’ll have a minimum of 8years’ experience in consulting and/or the following industries:
- Consumer Products, Retail, High Tech, Energy & Assets, Utilities, Telecommunications, Industrial Products, Automotive, Defence, Pharmaceutical / Life Sciences, Oil and Gas and/or Public Sector
3.Additional skill requirements:
We are also looking for candidates who:
- Have excellent communication skills (verbal and written), and can adapt their style to engage effectively with both clients and team members or differing levels of seniority
- Are good at building productive working relationships with clients and EY team members
- Enjoy funcational and technical delivery on SAP Ariba engagements
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative and fast-paced team environment
- Have vitality and a passion for learning
- Can act as a role model for EY value, integrity and professional ethics
- Are proactive and able to work in different environments to deliver high quality work products
- Are innovative and think about how to do things in new, more efficient ways (both internally and with our clients)
- Are passionate about people
What working at EY offers
We offer an attractive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to work on many various assignments and be exposed to a number of different industries and companies
- Opportunities to develop new skills and accelerate your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you About EY
As a global provider of assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better.
Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our goal to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
For you this will mean you have greater control over the work you are involved in and you will gain from exceptional training and coaching provided at EY. Feedback is an essential part of what we do and this will be forthcoming for yo
- ms project