- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Are you a problem solver? Do you have a passion for building projects from the ground up?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
You will partner with the business to support the growth and change that we see every single day at Groupon. We work in various Centers of Excellence across the globe and collaborate together to build from scratch and provide guidance to our partners around the organization. As a young yet evolving company, we’ve grown a robust HR department with dedicated resources for each line of business; yet there are still plenty of ways to impact, change, or improve how our team works.
As HR Project Partner, you will act as the primary consultant responsible for delivering all people projects on time. Reporting to the HR Manager, International People Programs, this role will work closely with the other project management teams, business leaders, and HRBPs to ensure all business projects are prioritizing the impact on people and are within legal guidelines. As an HR Project Partner, you’ll focus on everything consultation to execution, prioritizing effective preparation and a sense of urgency with all project or program rollouts.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Act as gatekeeper for specific change and transformation initiatives
- Map out step-by-step of rollouts with input from in-country HR Business Partners
- Track progress and deliver against various people rollouts (interview training, development tools) and partner with transformation team against those rollouts
- Identify project challenges at an early stage and suggest solutions where possible
- Present to stakeholders to report on progress as well as problems and solutions, keeping all HR Business Partners up-to-date on communication and progress
- Advise all partners across the business on people impact and risk of change fatigue
- Work with training teams to ensure training is understood and in place for future learnings
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in HR disciplines preferably as HRBP, generalist, talent development, or employee relations
- 1-3+ years of project management experience or experience delivering against deadlines
- University degree required
- You have demonstrable experience implementing HR strategies that support company objectives
- You have experience building rapport with internal clients and have strong interpersonal skills, directly and indirectly influencing and diffusing high-tension situations with ease
- You're adaptable and can think on your feet; when faced with new challenges or tough conversations, you face them head-on
- You are highly organized, with strong attention to detail and a proven ability to multitask
- You have experience providing recommendations with sound judgement and data-based decisions
- You always maintain a positive attitude and have a strong ability to work effectively both within teams and independently
About the company
Groupon is a global e-commerce marketplace connecting millions of subscribers with local merchants by offering activities, travel, goods and services in more than 45 countries. Groupon was launched in November 2008, and the first market for Groupon was Chicago, followed soon thereafter by Boston, New York City, and Toronto. By October 2010 Groupon served more than 150 markets[clarification needed] in North America and 100 markets in Europe, Asia, and South America, and had 35 million registered users. By the end of March 2015, Groupon served more than 500 markets worldwide, nearly 48.1 million active customers and featured more than 425,000 active deals globally