- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Merchandiser - Norfolk - Excellent Package
A leading provider of sports apparel and equipment has asked us to identify and attract a top level Senior Merchandiser. Due to future growth targets, there is currently a requirement to add a Senior Merchandiser into the business reporting into our Head of Procurement. The position will cover both the sports apparel and sports equipment ranges.
Working within a team of four to develop high quality and innovative teamwear products. This role has an ability to directly impact the business and as a result will be greatly rewarding. You will be an integral part in the growth and development of the brand. The right candidate will be extremely organized, scrupulous about quality and have an eye for detail. You must be able to work under pressure and at high speed; the balance between accuracy and efficiency is at the heart of this role. The ideal candidate will be a forward thinker, have demonstrated sourcing experience and have excellent organisational skills.
• Liaising between departments and with the China production facility where necessary as well as developing and building strong relationships with suppliers and third-party partners.
• Support the design team through all stages of garment development to build a considered and commercial range in line with our market place.
• Manage Product Development process in line with Critical Path from Strategy through to Final Approval, ensuring bulk production meets quality expectations.
• Working with Operations Director to agree target costs and negotiate prices to achieve or exceed margins.
• Assist with the production of company pricelist ensuring target margins are met or exceeded.
• Build an excellent understanding of the Brand's customer & competitors through customer visits, market research, and customer feedback.
• Factory visits to negotiate, aid development & ensure product quality.
• Daily communication with the factories regarding Fabric and trim quality, testing and bulk delivery.
• Contribute to the pre-development process (sourcing, testing, analysing & futureproofing) considering performance, cost & margin. Risk assessment of any items that might be an issue on cost or delivery. • Co-ordinate & confirm appropriate care instructions with factories, approve care label artworks & update internal information sheets. • Keep up to date with industry innovations, attend trade-fairs, and build a strong network to support Brand's future growth.
• A confident, pro-active individual with excellent time-management and organization skills.
• Personal accountability & integrity.
• Experience in small-medium sized active wear, sportswear or teamwear.
• Knowledge of seamless product category would be a benefit.
• Proficient in Excel & Microsoft package.
• Adobe Illustrator, Creative Cloud Software preferred but not essential.
The role is important to our client and as such will command an excellent negotiable starting salary and benefits.