- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £45,000.00 - £60,000.00 gross per year
Senior Merchandiser £45-60,000 plus bonus, pension, private healthcare and benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a very successful and leading retail business as a Senior Merchandiser.
The company is expanding rapidly as a result of its success to date and if you would like the opportunity to bring your commerciality and eye for numbers to a place where you can make your mark and really develop your career then this could be the right opportunity for you.
About my client…
- A leading high-street retail brand with a phenomenal sales performance.
- They are forward thinking, dynamic and fast-paced with a great product offering and a huge passion for product.
- They are a very well-known and established brand who continue to expand, year on year.
- They are extremely good at promoting from within and are a place where you can really develop a successful career.
- You will lead the team to deliver KPI's, including sales, markdown, stock, intake and profit plans.
- With the Buyer, you will review previous season and capture lessons learnt.
- With the Buyer, you will create the strategy for the department and present
- You will be responsible for direct reports who you will motivate, engage and develop
- You will guide and direct the Merchandising Team to help deliver the plan.
- Be responsible for the pushing of the business forward through proposing new ways of working and planning and be the driving force in implementing.
- Approve the proposed grading from the trading Merchandiser for input into the assortment planning process
- Review the SMT plan at Buyer Group/Season annually and apply plan at Category/Season level to meet the Buyer Group/Season plan
- Quarterly plan at Category/Season level with the Buyer to submit a plan on the system that reflects the best possible mix of product to deliver the KPI's.
- Formulate the range plan at Store level in conjunction with the Buyer, quarterly
- Attend selection/pre-selection meetings with the Buyer and suppliers
- Plan the pre-scheduling to meet the range plan
- in conjunction with Assistant Merchandisers
- Overview the ratios for all buys in conjunction with Assistant merchandiser
- Ensure that the Buy matches the plan Buy
- Review weekly trading performance and achieved KPI's, identifying issues and the course of action in preparation for the weekly trading meetings
- Propose and agree actions to recover risk and maximise opportunities with the Buyer at category and line level.
- Capture all agreed actions in the monthly forecast reviews
- Work up the forecast from category/Season level to Buyer Group
- Meet and gain approval, incorporating the following;
- Forecasting any sales variance to plan
- Creation of Open to Buys (OTB's)
- Management of commitments
- On time delivery, re-buy cancellations
- Markdown proposals
- Provide Retail with Merchandising aids through the Store Allocators
- Manage the range plan in Season reflecting any changes
- Create and manage/monitor sell out dates against all products
- Manage intake at category and line level
- You will have experience as either a Merchandiser or as a Senior Merchandiser, gained within a retail business
- You will be an extremely numerate individual who has a keen eye for detail
- You will be very commercial in your thinking and approach
- You will be passionate about product
- You will have strong communication skills with the ability to influence
- You will be PC literate
- £45-60,000 depending on experience
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 33 days holiday Inc.
- Private healthcare
- Pension contribution
- Childcare vouchers
- Company discount
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site car parking
Senior Merchandiser / Merchandiser / Merchandising / Manchester / Bury / Bolton / Oldham / Rochdale / Preston / Stockport / Huddersfield / Lancashire / Cheshire / North West / North-West