- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Lowell is part of Europe's leading and most respected credit management businesses.
We help our UK customers pay off their debts in practical and affordable ways.
And we do it honestly, ethically, and without any confusing legal jargon.
We are a rapidly growing business dedicated to making a real difference for clients, consumers, the economy and society as a whole
- supporting business growth and raising living standards for everyone.
Our mission is to make credit work better for everyone, by combining our expertise in big data and analytics with continuous evolution and innovation.
Our industry-leading data science centre of excellence together with our position as the largest debt purchase and debt recovery business in the UK, means that our data protection work is cutting edge and seeks to set best practice for our industry.
About the role
Reporting into the Head of Information Risk (who is the Data Protection Officer), your role will be to support the delivery and embedding of the Information Risk framework across all areas of the UK business.
You will drive privacy and data protection compliance across the business, ensuring that colleagues understand their obligations and associated accountability.
- Deputising for the Head of Information Risk where required
- Providing expert practical advice to the business on the compliant use of data, particularly in relation to product development and operational change processes
- Implementing, embedding, reviewing and updating the policies, standards and guidelines making up the Information Risk framework
- Working closely with senior management and process owners to ensure that privacy and data protection risks are managed effectively within our risk appetite
- Providing 2nd line assurance to process owners that their processes, guidelines, standards and training materials comply with the Information Risk framework
- Undertaking 2nd line compliance monitoring activities to measure compliance with the Information Risk framework
- Establishing reporting for all Privacy Key Risk Indicators to enable effective monitoring
- Preparing and delivering the data protection training and awareness programme
- Providing expert advice in relation to privacy related complaints and complex privacy requests, including ICO matters
- Supporting the Legal team on contractual matters relating to data protection
- Conducting regular reviews of privacy notices to ensure they continue to accurately reflect how the business uses personal data
- Preparing reports to relevant Executive Committees, such as RACC
- Participating on behalf of the Data Protection Officer at Executive Committees, such as RACC and other key forums as well as at client audits and tenders where required
- Working with the Risk Team, Compliance Team and the Ops Assurance Team to drive a robust control environment
- Horizon-scanning to ensure the business is ready for upcoming changes to data protection laws and guidance.
- Sharing knowledge and providing coaching and mentoring to the team
- Expert knowledge of data protection law including GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018
- Significant experience of successfully delivering data protection compliance programmes and providing practical expert data protection advice
- Ability and appetite to obtain expert level knowledge of Lowell's wider regulatory universe
- Ability and appetite to obtain a good level of technical and commercial understanding of Lowell's products, services and operational processes to advise on data related risks and opportunities
- Ability to investigate complex and novel challenges posed by the business and provide commercial solutions
- Ability to manage the demands of a fast paced business that requires support for multiple workstreams and projects in tandem
- Ability to build strong relationships across all functions
- Ability to influence and challenge stakeholders when needed
- Ability to disseminate technical advice to stakeholders
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Highly motivated to add value, deliver and exceed expectations
- GDPR / UK data protection / UK information governance qualifications
- Practical experience of data protection frameworks or PIMS such as BS 10012:2017
- Experience in the Financial Services sector
- Knowledge of conduct risk and experience of an environment where Treating Customers Fairly has been successfully applied
?How do we say thank you?
You have a huge impact on our success and our rewards reflect this.
With us you'll get:
- A competitive salary and annual pay reviews
- An annual bonus for a job well done
- Auto-enrolment into our pension scheme
- 3% flexible benefits; whether you're into fitness or extra holidays, there's something for you
- Our on-site subsidised restaurants serve great food all day
- Cancel your gym membership we have one on site
- it's free!
- Free parking
- A fantastic culture with more little perks along the way
Once you get here, you'll still be going places.
We really want to work with you to make your career what you want it to be, so we offer lots of different opportunities to help you develop.
- economists and finance