- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £30,000.00 - £42,000.00 gross per year
Are you an experienced and passionate Procurement Advisor who is seeking the opportunity to use your skills and experience within a market leading business?
Our client is looking for a Senior Procurement Advisor to join their business and assist with all aspects of the procurement process. This is a senior role with an element of responsibility and support for other procurement staff and supplier base.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager you will be responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of procurement policy and procedures and to provide procurement advice across the business.
- Manage the procurement of a variety of commodities, services and projects
- Management of the supplier base and appropriate contracts/terms and conditions
- Identify opportunities to effect common purchasing, secure synergies and create value through procurement initiatives
- Support in the day to day management of the team
- Manage compliance and non-compliance of group wide policies and procedures
- Integration, review and maintenance of group supplier base, maximizing efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Review quotations and negotiate process with key suppliers
- Work closely with the SHEQ team to ensure suppliers comply with group requirements in respect of health and safety and environmental issues
- Manage supplier relationships in order to achieve maximum efficiency and benefit
- Address and resolve procurement problems, challenging under-performing suppliers and taking robust action to remedy issues and prevent recurrence
- Assist in the identification of suitable suppliers, PQQ, preparation of specification, contracts and evaluation criteria for all tenders
- Provide advice on suitable contracts for the procurement of key projects and assist in technical review of projects ensuring feasibility and cost effectiveness
- Monitor and analyse all purchasing activity
- Understand and implement the company SHEQ policy
Skills & Experience:
- 'A' level education
- Min 3 years' experience in procurement and contract management
- Experience of purchasing commodities, services and capital projects
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, particularly Excel
- CIPS qualification desirable
- Strong negotiation, analytical and influencing skills
Closing date is 12th August 2019
To Apply please follow the application process for the site this job is advertised on or email your CV to us
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible.
Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future