- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Project Manager - 90220339
Posting Range:13 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Senior Project Manager
A new opportunity has become available for a Senior Project Manager to be based within our Head Office technology team in Glasgow. This dedicated global team is responsible for the development and maintenance of systems for the Barclays Internal Audit, Corporate Relations & Corporate Secretariat departments within Barclays Capital. As part of this team, you will play a key role and provide leadership to over 15 individuals spanning across both direct reports and individuals within matrix managed teams.
What will you be doing?
• Overall accountability for the technology stream of work along with taking accountability for deliveries and being the escalation point for all team related activities
• Overall line-management of 5 x direct reports including objectives setting and conducting appraisals/continuous improvement
• Budgetary and financial accountability for the designated Tech stream to ensure effective spend against agreed budgets, working in partnership with Change and Functions Business Managers
• Ownership of roadmap for build, upkeep and improvement of systems and to keep progress against the migration of core technologies to the cloud
• Supply management with vendors
What we’re looking for:
• Demonstrable experience and evidence of success in a senior technology role with multiple stakeholder groups
• Experience of commissioning services from third parties and managing relationships with suppliers and contractors
• Experience of line management or large teams, 50 plus in size+
• Strong leadership qualities with ability to guide and motivate large teams, successful delivery of £3-5m size programs across a global user base
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience with Audit Technology & Methodologies
• Experience working within Corporate Secretariat
Where will you be working?
This role will be based in our Aurora house Glasgow office; a stones throw away from Glasgow Central Train Station and the heart of Glasgow.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.