- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Amey Consulting are working on various intricate and challenging Rail design projects throughout the UK, including , , , and . The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 350+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices across the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards. We also support people in their need to work flexibly, to fit around any lifestyle need.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Senior Project Manager. You will be at the forefront of managing a portfolio of multidisciplinary or single discipline projects in accordance with the requirements of the Project Quality Plans; and to deliver or exceed the Company’s agreed financial expectation for the projects portfolio in terms of value, margin and cash.
This role will offer the opportunity for the right candidate to innovate and use the latest technology to develop themselves and the projects they work on. We are continuously working hard to collaborate with clients and sub-contracts to ensure we are successful in the objective of improving the world we live in.
Amey secured a fifteen-year contract to be the Operator and Development Partner (ODP) for rail services in Wales. We are transforming the rail services across the whole Wales and Borders route. We are developing, implementing, operating and maintaining the South Wales Metro on the Core Valley Lines (CVL) around Cardiff. This is an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join the leadership team for the design development stage.
What will the role involve?
- Manage projects in compliance with Project Control System
- Set up programmes for project, update regularly and ensure that activity managers have sufficient capable resources to meet deadlines
- With support of commercial team, ensure that contracts are in place before work commences including sub contracts and purchase orders for suppliers and sub consultants
- Forecast and monitor the financial performance of the project for Amey, giving regular (minimum monthly) reports, comparing actual and forecast performance to plan expectations and explaining variations
- Maintain detailed project records for monitoring performance of projects
- Conduct weekly reviews with Activity managers and the project teams as appropriate
- Act decisively to rectify any adverse circumstances that threaten the achievement of the financial plan
- Act decisively to rectify any adverse circumstances that threaten the delivery of the quality and programme agreed with the client
- Maximise operating efficiency, so that the programme is delivered in compliance with the Project Control System to agreed standards and targets. Implement quality improvements when opportunities arise.
- Maintain regular liaison with all stakeholders and employees on the progress of projects.
- Issue regular progress reports.
- Deliver revenue within agree budgets. Forecast and monitor the financial performance and explain variations in performance.
- Identify budgetary and programme issues that need to be addressed with the client to ensure their satisfaction and agreed KPIs are met
- Manage, develop, coach and motivate employees in the project team
- Ensure compliance with HSE and other appropriate regulations
- Maintain and develop key clients contacts to maximise future business opportunities
- Undertake any other reasonable task as requested The position is office based in Cardiff with flexible working time. There may be a requirement to visit to clients, suppliers and third parties. Occasionally work on site during weekday nights, weekends and bank holidays will be required.
What are we looking for?
- Meng, BEng or equivalent CEng
- Membership of a professional body Skills:
- Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS office suite and experienced in the use of PM management software, MS Project, Primavera, etc.
- Knowledge of progression Financial Management System is an advantage Experience:
- Experience in the management of design projects for consultants
- Good financial and commercial awareness
- Previous engineering experience is desirable About Amey Consulting
At Amey Consulting you have a unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life by working alongside market-leading consultants in a practical infrastructure environment.
You will be surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges, who also care about your job satisfaction and well-being.
You’ll be stretched but always supported to bring out the better in you and to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better.