- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- BRISTOL AVON
PLEASE NOTE - This is a long term temporary role with manpower based in the centre of Bristol (no parking).
If you would like any further information please email
Our client, a market leader in nuclear generation, is in the process of designing and constructing two new reactors in Somerset. To support the delivery of the equipment to site for these reactors, an effective Equipment Supply Function (ESF) is required within the Supply Chain Directorate to provide the Programmes with robust Expediting processes, methods and tools.
Working within the Equipment Supply Function organisation as a Support to this Function, the ESF Support Officer role will:
- Help implement a consistent set of weekly / monthly reports within across teams;
- Establish and update regularly an exhaustive list of Tier 1 and Tier 2 Suppliers with the help of the Supply Chain Assurance;
- Help establish efficient communication channels and interface with the other functions in charge of manufacturing quality (MIT, Supply Chain Assurance, Quality & Learning) as well as with the Programmes;
- Organise and prepare internal meetings as well as business trips for the Head of Equipment Supply and the Expediting Manager.
- Perform other functional related tasks as ESF and Expediting Manager see fit.
The ESF Support Officer role will be based in Bristol at Bridgewater House with occasional business trips to Paris when needed.
The Equipment Supply Function is:
- A transverse function whose role is to ensure the coordination between Expediting and the Entities in charge of manufacturing quality (MIT, Supply Chain Assurance, Quality & Learning). Their ultimate objective is to ensure the delivery of equipment on a timely basis (in line with the schedule) compliant with project quality, technical, safety and site requirements.
- A support to Expediting ensuring that processes, methods and tools are in place;
- A support to the Equipment Programme in setting up the Manufacturing Control Centre.
- responsible for maintaining design integrity.
- Assurance to the project that the Expediting workscope is performed using a risk based approach, and provides the project with appropriate levels of cover across the various project programmes.
The ESF Support Officer will work closely with the Expediting Team but will also need to work well using their own initiative and liaising with internal stakeholders. A proactive and systematic approach to work and excellent communication skills are essential. Good knowledge of reporting systems within large organisations together with how they are efficiently implemented would be advantageous.
- Developing accountability/report packs that can be used at a management level to measure progress against targets;
- Undertaking initial implementation of the new working methods and reporting into normal business for ESF and Expediting;
- Working with other internal stakeholders to understand information flow to and from other areas and how this is met by new working practices;
- Generation of schedules and other charts/diagrams;
- Developing efficient processes for engaging with the wider project reporting and communications.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- General administrative and business support experience;
- Experience of reporting processes;
- Experience using Microsoft Office;
- Experience of documentation systems and SAP applications.
- Strong organisational and administration skills - flexible, organised, methodical.
- Excellent time management;
- Ability to work independently and be proactive;
- Ability to multi-task and work on own initiative;
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills;
- Ability to adapt to new and changing systems;
- The ability to work as an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team contributing to team success, communications and a positive working environment;
- Discretion - confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information;
- Attention to detail;
- The ability to prioritise tasks.
- The ability to reliably meet deadlines on a regular basis.
- ms project