- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Research Chemist required, based in North Cheshire.
Requiring a PhD in Chemistry, Polymer Science or similar and practical experience of producing new materials by lab scale synthesis/polymerisation.
Post-doc or industrial experience is considered beneficial but not required.
Title: Senior Research Chemist
Location: North Cheshire
Salary: Circa £35,500 per annum + benefits
SRG is working with a small but specialised team who develop additive technology for the polymer and plastics industry, as part of a multi-national chemicals company.
As part of their succession-planning, they are looking for a Senior Research Chemist to join the team and lead new additive development projects.
This would be an excellent opportunity for someone who has perhaps recently completed a PhD with a similar focus
polymerisation or novel organic synthesis.
Benefits: Highly respected company with a long reputation and an excellent record of employee development.
36 working hours, 8am-4pm Monday to Friday with some flexibility on start and finish times.
25 days holiday as standard plus 8 statutory days.
Enhanced pension scheme and annual company bonus.
Successful applicant will be enrolled onto a dedicated development scheme, with opportunities for travel, enrichment and further training.
Role / Description
- Leading and managing projects to develop new polymeric and non-polymeric additives for polymerisation and production processes
- Designing and conducting lab-based synthesis and characterisation of new additives for evaluation
- Researching and experimenting new polymerisation techniques and synthesis routes/parameters to improve quality, yield and variety of additive products
- Driving new ideas and innovation with regards to additive technology
- Providing technical support on occasion to a wide variety of worldwide customers
- Managing scale up projects to pilot plant for testing and trials, working collaboratively with production teams
- Minimum PhD in Chemistry, Polymer Science or similar
- Hands-on experience of organic synthesis or polymerisation techniques to develop new materials from doctorate, post-doctorate or industry environment
- Proven experience of managing a project from start to finish
- Passionate about growing technical knowledge and driving innovation
- High regard for health and safety
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none.
It's this combination that makes us different.
We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided.
Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on .
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: PhD, chemistry, polymer, additive, technology, plastic, polymerisation, synthesis, synthetic chemistry, organic, characterisation, laboratory, research, development, project, thesis, doctorate, post-doctorate, experiment
- ms project