- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Research Manager - 90228472
Posting Range:8 Apr 2019 - 31 May 2019
Senior Research Manager
We’re looking for an inquisitive Senior Research Manager to join our in-house Customer Research Team based in our vibrant London Canary Wharf office. Acting as a consultant to senior stakeholders, you will apply established and innovative approaches to identify, evaluate and frame new opportunities for Barclays and our UK customers.
What will you be doing?
• You will be passionately acting as the voice of the customer within the organisation
• You will be using your consultative behaviors and experience to position the research process and identify the key questions which need to be answered
• You will be taking time to understand stakeholder needs and how this feeds into the overall Barclays strategy
• You will be finding best in class creation and innovative solutions to business problems
• You will be managing the delivery and analysis of information, using appropriate research techniques and data analysis techniques to inform business decisions
• You will be leading the research input, providing consultancy, end-to-end project management and directing the interpretation and delivery of outputs
• You will be writing craft reports with clearly articulated stories and recommendations while championing their adoption
What we’re looking for:
• Agency-side research directors or highly experienced client-side senior research managers are preferred
• Previous experience leading ad hoc research projects to inform everything from new product development, pricing, service experience and communications
• Self-starter with ability to seek out and win new research led opportunities
• Proven expertise in using Market Research techniques to shape business strategy, with a solid understanding of research best practices
• Significant experience of owning entire research process and champion the adoption of the results by stakeholders
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Solid stakeholder (or client) management experience, with the ability to influence at senior levels
• Experience of managing third party agencies
• Ability to create new hypotheses, test rigorously and rapidly act to move to implementation
• Experience dealing with large data-sets (or willingness to learn, as we can teach you how to use this capability)
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
We will consider applications from job share applicants
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.