- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Information Security Closing Date:
Job Title: Senior SOC Analyst
What is the job?
The Senior Security Operations Centre Analyst will work in the Global Security Operations team who are responsible for monitoring security and managing security incidents across the Liberty Global group. The GSOC function operates on a shift system operating between 7am to 7pm Monday-Friday with an on-call function. The GSOC Supports the Liberty Global operations across Europe by minimising risk exposure, and handling security incidents.
As a Senior SOC Analyst you will protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all assets and systems through monitoring, analysis and detection activities derived from security log feeds, security systems and reports. You will also drive investigations and respond to security incidents, performing triage and engage with the business at multiple levels to clearly explain any threats to the organisation and resolve issues as necessary.
You will also act as a Lead in the wider team and act as a mentor for more junior analysts, helping them develop technically and guide them through day-to-day activities and be confident in making decisions.
Are you right for the role?
As mentioned above, we don’t just want someone with technical skills, but someone who is keen to develop and really get involved in the Security of a pan-wide Telecoms operation. With this in mind some specific experience is required:
- Experience in security incident response including assessment of security events, providing advanced technical guidance and leading incidents.
- Experience of working within a Security Operations Centre (SOC).
- Experience in SIEM operation and configuration (McAfee / Nitro preferred).
- Experience with Splunk reporting and analysis.
- Experience of working effectively with a variety of stakeholders from different technology and business teams.
- In depth knowledge of advanced security analysis including the cyber kill chain, malware analysis, memory and file system analysis, and attack vectors.
- In depth understanding of IT systems and technologies (e.g. Linux and Windows operating systems, TCP/IP Networking, E-Mail).
- In depth knowledge of technical security systems, security architecture, security technology, and associated penetration testing and Security Event Management methodologies.
Having some of the following would be beneficial:
- Ideally educated to degree level or holding a professional qualification e.g. CISSP, CISA.
- Experience of other security defences such as Firewalls, Snort, Intrusion Detection System (IDS) monitoring and custom rule creation, Endpoint Protection, Netflow analysis.
- Experience of general IT Audit processes and conducting risk assessments.
- Experience of security operations activities to support PCI:DSS / SOX and internal and external audits against ISO 27001/27002 relating to security operations.
- Experience of configuring and working with SIEM systems / other security toolsets, and freeform investigations in these systems.
- Knowledge of Web Applications.
- Knowledge of Data Protection and its role within a business.
- Global Information Assurance Certifications (GIAC) e.g. Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA) would be an advantage.
Please note that the successful candidate will need to currently hold, or be able to obtain, NPPV SC Clearance.
What we’ll provide for you:
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills in to the latest technologies and create leading products, services and support systems to us integrate with Liberty Global and continue both companies success.
As well as this as a package we are offering:
A Competitive salary
Pension: Up to 20% (matched up to 10% employee, 10% employer)
Holiday: 33 days holiday (25 days holiday plus bank holidays in lieu) and your birthday off!
Other: Private Medical, Life Assurance, Dental, ability to buy/sell holiday and many more discounts across the Virgin Group.