- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £35,000.00 - £45,000.00 gross per year
Senior Site Engineer, Also interested in hearing from a Senior Engineer and Senior Civil Engineer
Cambridgeshire, ideal for those based in; Cambridge, Peterborough, Huntingdon, Bury St Edmunds, Milton Keynes, Kettering or Bedford.
Salary / Package:
£35,000 - £45,000 +package including; Company Vehicle and Pension
A leading Civil Engineering contractor, with a number of offices in key, strategic locations across the UK. The business specialise in various areas of Civil Engineering, in particular; Roads & Highways, Structures and Environmental projects.
To be considered for this position you must have;
* Experience in a hands on / site based position
* Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
* Prior experience using Total Station Survey and GNSS equipment.
* Valid CSCS card
Ideally in addition to the above you will also have;
* Minimum HNC in Civil Engineering, with a very good level of working knowledge / experience
* Relevant engineering software i.e. Auto CAD
* Previous experience working on Civils projects involving; Drainage, earthworks, roads and structures
Excellent opportunity for a Senior Site Engineer with a forward thinking and proactive attitude to join a team of likeminded professionals working for a leading UK Civil Engineering business, which offers and encourages their staff to continually develop and increase their expertise and progress their own careers.
Duties/Responsibilities will include, but not be limited too;
* Checking base stations and site control prior to commencement of works and at regular intervals during currency of project.
* Carry out pre-start OGL surveys as agreed with survey department.
* Extract setting out data from drawings (electronic or hardcopy), schedules or instructions and set out works to the required accuracy.
* Communicate setting out control to site operatives clearly (i.e. height above finished levels, gradients, etc.).
* Record dimensions of hard breakout, soft spots, calculate Volumes etc. as directed by the Site Agent or the site QS.
* Oversee junior engineers/trainees in their day to day site activities