- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Software Engineer - 90220970
Posting Range:11 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
As part of the Channels Engineering team we are looking for developers who are excited by the coding, interested in DevOps and passionate about user experience. You will be responsible for delivery from the initial idea through to implementation of the features used by both Barclays customers and our colleagues. The multi-channel applications are provided across web, mobile, telephony and contact center platforms. The applications you will deliver make use of the latest UI, container and api technologies, deployed onto cloud platforms.
What will you be doing?
• Understand the various phases of the software development lifecycle in Barclays UK.
• Deliver to all software engineering quality standards / benchmarks as used for Multi-Channel Applications within Barclays UK
• Complete assignment work to budget, time and quality requirements. Document all work in accordance with agreed standards, and with re-use in mind
• Review component designs to ensure compatibility with the end-to-end system design.
• Undertake impact assessment including estimates for change requests against applications / products within the domain
• Solve software-related problems, providing analysis and recommendations as appropriate
• Develop an awareness of new tools, processes and technical developments relevant to component area of expertise
• To maintain a technical understanding of multiple applications / products, providing support for technical queries, live incidents and problems.
What we’re looking for:
• End-to-end software development lifecycle
• Digital UX / UI design and implementation, specifically in rich internet applications
• Good knowledge of JQuery, HTML5, CSS3 and HTTP.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Relational Databases such as Oracle / DB2 / SQLServer
• Webservices and knowledge of SOAP & REST
• Knowledge of automated testing, continuous integration and deployment tools and practices.
Where will you be working?
• Radbroke Hall is a hidden gem in the heart of the Cheshire countryside and home to our 3,200-strong team
• As we’re based in the country side, we have accommodated many facilities including our subsidized canteen, onsite Starbucks café, Tennis and Squash Courts, Gym and shop
• We have a really open, friendly culture here at Radbroke and sense of community.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.