- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Purpose of the role:
To lead and engage teams to ensure delivery of a World-class supply chain delivery across both strategic and operational aspects including material management, procurement, manufacture, logistics and external services.
Partnering the business strategic to influence and drive continual improvements to enable scalability resulting in achieving aggressive growth of business and operational metrics.
The role will be to lead, with best practice, in both procedures and processes within a global customer base across industries within Aviation, Infrastructure, Logistics & Automotive with automation products and customised solution projects.
* Responsible for the delivery of the Division's entire Supply Chain from vendor selection through to delivery of material to point of use.
* Take the lead in the definition of procurement and materials policies and procedures, ensuring they are followed with particular reference to financial and ethical standards.
* Development of commodity roadmap and vendor consolidation programs.
* Build a strong make/buy option against Quality, Delivery, and Cost parameters in order to meet customer and plan requirements.
* Collaborate within the Group to spread best practice and exploit volume leverage opportunities on both direct and indirect spend
* Negotiate subcontract and supplier agreements and enforce terms as necessary, supported by the Commercial team as required
* Leverage supplier and market intelligence to identify new business / technology opportunities.
* Advise the business on the market, commodity and legislative issues affecting the business.
* Ensure all Supply Chain Management data, documentation, files and reports are created and maintained in a timely and accurate manner, both Company and Group.
* Responsible for the effective Leadership of assigned team, including team briefing, appraisal, salary review, skills assessment, personal improvement plans, succession planning, career development and training.
This is a heavyweight position within my client's organisation & vital to their future continued success. Therefore we are seeking candidates who feel they are at the top of their game.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field (or equivalent)
* Excellent experience of Supply Chain / Manufacturing in a Senior leadership role with solid experience in supply chain management
* APICS certification an advantage
* Experience with an ERP program
* Familiarity with safety and procedural best practices in SCM
* Ability to lead, train and mentor employees on a personal level
* Excellent skills in negotiation, relationship management, team leadership, project & contract management and a proven track record for introducing effective metrics.
* Demonstrable experience of successfully engaging cross-functionally within an international organisation
* Experience of leading and developing teams
* Strong financial literacy, including revenue & margin achievement
* The role will require extensive travel.
Please note that we are looking to fill this position ASAP, therefore please do not hesitate in applying
- ms project