- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Brent Knoll
We are looking to recruit Senior Support Workers to work in our specialised Somerset Day Centre in Brent Knoll.
Somerset Court is set in 26 acres of land and has six purpose-built houses, which enable autistic people we support to live ordinary day-to-day lives in small groups, with the help of our specialist staff. We support autistic adults to enable them to live the life they choose.We work to develop skills promoting their health and wellbeing, inclusion in the local community and greater independence.
The centre at Somerset Court is focused on providing accessible and person centred education and support for people on the autism spectrum. It runs social activities groups for people on the autism spectrum, their friends and family, including woodland skills and forest school, yoga, garden centre, craft and art.
You’ll be working with autistic adults and their families. You will also support to the team of support workers and your line manager to ensure that the needs of those we support are achieved.
Your working pattern will be over a seven-day rota with a mixture of mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and bank holidays.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced support worker or senior support worker looking for theirnext career move. You’ll have experience in a support worker role, the desire to progress your career and you will hold a relevant Level 2 qualification. If you are passionate about providing an excellent standard of support, share our values and have or would like to specialise in making a difference to someone on the autism spectrum then we would like to hear from you.
- Excellent training and development programme
- Career progression opportunities
- Enhanced overtime. Additional payments for sleep-in and on call
- Access to a 24-hour Employee Assistance counselling programme
- Competitive pension scheme
- 33 days annual leave (incl. Public Holidays)
- Online staff discount scheme for a range of benefits You’ll be joining our team, both locally and nationally and we’ll support you every step of the way. We provide a fantastic one-year induction programme, regular one-to-ones, annual appraisals, continuing learning and development opportunities and the support you need to develop a career in social care.