- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior System Build Engineer
TransUnion UK provides the data, analytics and software that enable businesses to build more valuable customer relationships.
We specialise in managing consumer data for businesses across every sector. We focus on developing innovative products and services that help businesses make smarter and more informed decisions throughout the customer lifecycle.
We’re TransUnion and we believe in Information for Good
About the Role:
You will provide technical leadership of System Build engineers with the goal of developing both our route to live and operability capabilities across all product teams. You will help embed a culture of DevOps into the product and operations teams to foster a high degree of cooperation, learning and coordination between these areas.
You will be responsible for DevOps based projects across the organization on complex large scale software and database systems. You will have experience with different types of functional and non-functional requirements, skilled with continuous delivery
- Technical leadership of System Build engineers with the goal of developing both our route to live and operability capabilities across all product teams
- Help embed a culture of DevOps into the product and operations teams to foster a high degree of cooperation, learning and coordination between these areas
- Help lead the understanding of continuous delivery and operations practices such as to benefit TransUnion delivery and operations teams through teaching, coaching and knowledge sharing
- Coach and support more junior members of the System Build team
- Deputise for the System Build Manager as required
Skills & Experience:
- Technical understanding of complex large scale software or database systems as well as great understanding of the software development process and lifecycle and the challenges faced
- Use of continuous delivery approaches and the tools to support these
- Knowledge of release management\orchestration tools (Go, Octopus, VS Release manager etc)
- Knowledge of version control tools (GIT, TFS, SVN etc)
- Knowledge of Microsoft .NET\T-SQL\Powershell
- Knowledge of IT automation tools (Puppet, Chef, SCCM etc
What’s in it for you?
At TransUnion you will be joining a friendly, forward thinking global business.
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes 26 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays) a generous contributory pension scheme, private health care and a host of other employee lifestyle benefits.
We take Corporate Social Responsibility seriously; our TU Good Works scheme supports communities around the world by advancing financial inclusion and education.
- Automation Tools
- Windows Azure
- Continuous Integration