- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
TUI is embarking on a large scale, Group-wide, analytics data project capturing raw data from all source markets to integrate into a cloud based data lake and commercial data warehouse. We will capture and integrate data from contracting, inventory, profitability and booking systems and other external data. This will be used to create reports, dashboards, analytical models and provide input to advanced yield management techniques including artificial intelligence and machine learning.
We require experienced, hands-on, business intelligence professionals who will define and gather business and technical requirements and have a hands-on role in the development lifecycle. This is a fantastic opportunity to join us as we embark on this exciting journey to work across TUI Group source markets to determine data availability, define development work required and ensure that it is built, tested and supported.
These are new roles on a greenfield AWS S3 and Snowflake role out and offer an exciting opportunity to start early on the project and help shape the outcome.
What you will be doing
- Data requirements: You will be responsible for working with business users to understand business and data requirements and ensure that these are properly understood and documented. Using various methods and tools you will review detailed reporting requirements and develop and document use cases for the relevant business areas.
- Data sourcing: You will be responsible for carrying out a detailed analysis of multiple source data sets. You will need to fully understand data structures and attributes and be familiar with high level underlying business processes used to populate the source systems.
- Definition: You will be responsible for producing detailed technical requirements including data modelling, source to target mapping, data transformations, data conformation, data mapping and non-functional requirements. These will need to be documented and user stories created for data engineering to work from for development.
- Development lifecycle: You will work closely with the data engineering team during the development phase, answering any questions required and clarifying any data issues raised. You will also be working directly on data transformations using SQL. You will be responsible for the first pass of user acceptance testing and will ensure that the relevant business users carry out UAT before go-live.
- Data support: You will be responsible for providing support for data issues and ensure that any resolutions required are documented and added to the development backlog. As the subject matter expert, you will provide data understanding support in the team and help with advanced queries where required.
What we are looking for
- Extensive practical experience of business and technical analysis for large scale data warehouse projects
- Proven high level of technical expertise in BI environments including modern database design and principals with advanced understanding and practical experience of SQL
- Proven experience of working with stakeholders and other developers within an BI environment to understand complex business requirements and turn them into workable solutions
- Advanced SQL skills with broad experience and understanding of data warehouse models and principles
- Extensive experience of managing the expectations of internal clients and stakeholders whilst supporting reporting users to best make use of the technology and the data opportunities that exist to support their departmental initiatives
- Highly numerate with expert communication skills both written and verbal
Working within TUI group Be Yourself… Be Unique! TUI's more than a brand, it's who we are. Trusted - Unique - Inspiring.
We're the leading tourism business with diverse customers and over 67,000 employees. Together, we embrace different continents and cultures. We believe travel broadens the mind. Just like our customers, we're on a journey, of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven't arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we're encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives. Inclusion is fundamental to everything that we achieve and it's our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
The TUI Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies. TUI is the UK's largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
Join us now and you can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
How to apply Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.