- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Future Games of London is an independent studio that designs, develops and publishes Smartphone and Tablet games. Founded in September 2009, FGOL create wholly owned and original IP which by January 2018 had achieved over 517 million downloads worldwide following the success of Hungry Shark Evolution. The long-awaited Hungry Shark World, which was released May 2016 is already a smashing success with over 70 million downloads worldwide.
FGOL operate worldwide on a F2P model, via the acquisition, retention and monetization of a sustainable player base whilst insuring their satisfaction, fun and engagement with the virtual world we have built for them to share with their friends. We are a dedicated team with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy being part of a lively, self-motivated, forward thinking company in an exciting and ever-evolving industry.
Start Date: April/May 2019
Salary: Competitive Salary Offered
Posting Date: 13th March 2019
Closing Date: 12th April 2019
Location: London, UK
The ideal candidate:
The Senior Technical Developer plays a key role in ensuring that all our new and current games are released at the highest possible quality, whilst also running smoothly and efficiently on popular devices. To serve this need, the Senior Technical Developer should have expert level skills in both optimizing and debugging Unity3D projects on mobile platforms. In order to succeed in this role, it is also expected that the successful candidate will also be mindful of efficient workflows in content creation and be capable of devising improvements.
● Strong analytical skills
● Excellent communication skills
● Open minded and humble
● Flexible and adaptable to unfolding project needs
● Passionate about Gaming!
● Take ownership and acting as the point of contact for tasks assigned to them
● Demonstrate initiative and implement features as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
● Deliver features to the level of quality expected of a world class developer
● Assist in defining tasks in sprint planning
● Assist their Lead Engineer in writing technical design documents
● Participate in code reviews
● Promote good programming practices
● Take ownership of existing modules, extending and refactoring them.
● Comprehensive understanding of Unity 3D
● Proficient in C# and knowledgeable in its uses and limitations in Unity 3D projects
● Capable of integrating third party SDKs (e.g. advertising networks)
● Strong profiling and debugging skills
● Can break down and estimate tasks accurately
● Analysis of existing modules of reasonable complexity and extend them within given time constraints
● Experience with source control solutions, preferably Perforce
● Able to work independently with minimum supervision
● A degree in Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience
● Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Unity3D
● Shipped at least one iOS and/or Android title, preferably both
● At least one year’s experience maintaining a live mobile title
● Worked in an Agile environment
● Experience with Unity UI
● Understanding of shader programming and mindful of mobile GPU limitations in implementation and optimization work.
● Practical experience of Photon Networking middleware
● Exposure to CI pipelines, especially Jenkins
● Worked on multi-platform products
Flexible office working hours
25 days of annual leave + 8 UK Bank holiday + Christmas company day(s) off
1 day off if you get married (Wedding Day)
Fresh fruit selection delivered 3 times a week, Free monthly breakfasts, Team Lunches
Beer fridge & Selected wines + other beverages
Weekly Football, Snooker table, ping pong tournaments, poker nights, Office events, social gatherings, Fun Games room
Summer & Christmas parties, Roof terrace area
About the company
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands. The teams throughout Ubisoft's worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms.