- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Tester - Full Reval - 90230243
Posting Range:9 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
Senior Tester (Automation)
Barclays are hiring an AVP Senior Test Analyst who will join Barclays Investment Banking within the Risk, Finance and Treasury department. We are looking for strong, driven and innovative individuals who are keen to make a difference with us!
What will you be doing?
• Independently manages all required testing activities, its risks and dependencies
• Mitigate risks to Business through timely, precise execution and validation of test plans
• Mitigates / escalates issues to Test Manager/Lead as appropriate
• Work with development team to create automated test scripts for enhancements and fixes on applications
• Able to handle dynamic testing requirements from development team and work on automating the same
• Support SIT / UAT
• Responsible for ownership of test tools
• Innovate test tool development for improvement of testing activities
What we’re looking for:
• Agile Experience is a must in Scrum and Kanban.
• Strong experience in Testing and defect management
• Commitment to business process improvement
• Ability to collaborate and communicate with component and support teams to build technical solution.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Demonstrate effective communication with management, peers, and subordinates, both verbally and in writing
• Aptitude to learn tools/apps/processes/domains
• Strong teaming, problem solving and communications skills will be required
• Able to work with minimal or no supervision and have the ability to prioritize workloads quickly and efficiently.
Where will you be working?
Barclays Scotland is a real Scottish success story. We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and our significance has never been as important as it is today. Glasgow is a recognised strategic hub within Barclays globally, and admired as a shining light in Scottish business. Due to the scale of work we do here, there are countless opportunities for our colleagues to develop and progress. We’re a place where talented people can build a satisfying and diverse career, within a community of talented and passionate people.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.