- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £14.00 - £17.50 gross per hour
Band 5 Server Infrastructure Technician
Location: Grays, Essex
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
Duration: Expected to be for 12 weeks, potentially longer
Pay: £14.00 Paye - £17.50 Umbrella
- To update and record all incidents and problems in order to provide good data for Incident and Problem Management
- Monitoring and proactively maintaining virtual server environment and applications.
- To restore normal service to the internal customer as quickly as possible, following diagnoses of the incident/problem or if necessary, begin escalation process
- Using initiative to resolve complex incidents, seeking advice as required in line with departmental policies and procedures
- To provide guidance, advice and training to 1st & 2nd Line technicians on incident/problem resolution.
- To offer general and specific advice to internal customers, which at times may be seen as complex for non IM&T Staff and to provide detailed guidance on how to complete tasks as required.
- Update and maintain internal documentation and knowledge base.
- Use remote access function to resolve problems directly with user, or where appropriate visit user and resolve issue face to face
- To maintain relationships with interfacing business functions and other IT functions
- To update all incidents assigned to you by the ITT Service Desk in order to provide good data for Incident and Problem Management
- To implement escalation procedures as appropriate
- Be specialised in VMWare 6.0 or later virtualisation infrastructure technologies across a Windows Environment
- Have Sound technical knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory for services integration and should be capable of administering Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 Servers Management/Active Directory.
- Service Desk
- active directory
- windows server