- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- MANCHESTER GB
Detailed Job Specification
You will be an experienced first line support engineer. Providing support for computer users and central computer systems with the aid of IT service management tools and network support software. Location Ashton-Under-Lyne
• To provide excellent first line operational support to calls for assistance from users of all the Trust’s computer systems and networks to support ITIL guidelines.
• Participate in technical rotations with the second line team.
• To update support calls onto the IT service management tool.
• To liaise with senior IT support staff on faults, queries and escalation of calls.
• To liaise with the Systems Team on logging and resolving clinical system application calls.
• Be aware of the security of all removable IT stock held within the department and on the hospital campus.
• To monitor the use of and replenish computer consumables.
• To keep abreast of new technologies i.e. PC hardware, software etc.
• To attend and actively participate in Trust and IT related courses.
• Operate the computerised RA system, issue Smartcards to individuals, and add/remove/update smartcard accounts
• Responsible for understanding and interpreting Trust RA policies and procedures in line with national guidance
• Answer enquiries about registration and refer/escalate any issues to Registration Authority Officer or Manager where necessary
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Be able to communicate at all levels of the organisation including understanding speech and languages difficulties either on the telephone or face to face.
Be able to analyse information and/or make decisions about the next course of action. Be able to identify faults on hardware and software and fix or escalate in line with IT helpdesk procedures.
Required to use manual tools such as screwdrivers, pliers and others, to enable the fixing, repairing and building of IT equipment and components.
Required to use specialist software tools for the manipulation of data, fault diagnosis and repair of IT software/hardware.
Occasional use of post holder personal vehicle to attend external meetings, open days or training courses and seminars.
Be aware of the Major Incident Plan procedures, ensuring that the Major Incident Plan equipment is ready and fully operational.
If you have the outlined skills and experience please apply now.
Back To Search Results