- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Service Desk Engineer
Excellent opportunity for a driven and problem-solving Network Engineer to join a motivated and successful customer focused team within an MSP’s Glasgow Network Operations Centre (NOC). Great environment for technical development and progression
You will be responsible for providing efficient and effective technical support to the company’s clients throughout the UK, Working mainly but not exclusively with their IP network and the full range of Connectivity solutions voice products, you will take ownership of Service Request from inbound Support Calls and Tickets, resolving them within agreed SLA’s.
Core Responsibilities will include:
• Provide technical support on a range of Cisco network hardware
• Raising and closing of support tickets using their Helpdesk systems to monitor and keep track of their client’s networks and services, providing end to end monitoring.
• Responsible for proactively advising clients on progress and timescales, any further works required and obtaining any required authorisations.
• Escalating complex tickets and using teamwork to reach quick resolutions for clients to minimise business down time
• Provide pre-sales support including consultation design for customer projects including the pre-build test of hardware and associated services.
• Provide on-call support on a rota basis.
• Work to an ITIL ISO framework
A great environment for technical development and progression for an experienced Engineer, you will have worked in a company that supports Telecoms, IPVPN, Cisco Hosted or IT services to its clients. Customer focussed with good communication skills both on the telephone and face to face, it will be beneficial if you have previous experience with supporting or configuring Cisco Routers Switches, Firewalls, ASA, Meraki, WLAN, ISE Call.
• Experience of working with cloud hosted technologies
• Experience of Cisco LAN/WAN based environments
• Ability to configure, commission, provision, implement support service network activation for Core, Internet, IP, Cloud Data products.
• You must have good IT Skills: Word/Excel/Outlook
• Driving licence
About the company
Next Generation Network owner delivering business connectivity and voice solutions including fibre, LAN/WAN, Cisco and Hosted Services to some of the best-known companies throughout the UK Globally
Role: Service Desk Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Glasgow, City of Glasgow,
Apply for this job now.