- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- GLASGOW LANARKSHIRE
Service Management Expert required to work with a Government Department based in Glasgow. This is an initial 12 month contract, out of scope of IR35, the day rate is negotiable.
The Service Management Expert will work with the incumbent IT Service Manager and provide knowledge transfer and insights into Service Management best practice. The department are implementing a DevOps model with a "build it and run it" mind-set. They already run a service desk based on an ITIL implementation but the expectation is that the SME specialist can advise on how to reconcile these two models in a way that works for the department.
- Setting the vision and strategy for service management, ensuring processes are defined, owned and maturing.
- Developing capability of the existing team and getting them to a point where they are performant and self-sufficient.
- Knowledge transfer and experience of mentoring and building teams is absolutely essential.
- Provide direction and technical leadership, and be responsible for successfully transitioning our Service Management capability from our delivery partner.
- You should have an understanding and experience of agile delivery methods.
Essential Skills and Experience
- You will have experience of and ability to build a team. You will be excellent at mentoring current staff. You will be able to transfer your expert knowledge to individuals
- An expert in managing relationships between stakeholders.
- Ability to ensure that disparate suppliers and vendors come together to deliver the service
- You will have experience of an evidential approach to understanding users and their needs. Able to translate user stories and propose design approaches or services to meet needs.
- You will be a strategic thinker. Able to have an overall perspective on business issues, events, activities and an understanding of their wider implications and long-term impact
- You will have an in-depth understanding of Service Management Framework principles and processes and ability to apply the technical knowledge in project or programme activities.
- You will be able to visualise, articulate, solve complex problems and concepts, and make disciplined decisions based on available information
- Takes ownership of problems and proactively resolves technical problems, ensuring that technical solutions continue to meet business requirements
- Ability to take management information and consolidate agreed key performance indicators into product or service measures that underpin service management of a specific product or service.
- Be able to build a high performing team where all team members are clear on their roles and responsibilities
Nice to Have Skills and Experience
- Asset and configuration management - Experience of configuration management
- Service Improvement - Demonstrable experience of service improvement
Please apply should you meet the above criteria
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
- ms project