- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £18,000.00 - £24,000.00 gross per year
We are looking for an experienced Controller / Planner / Scheduler to join our growing company based in Sawston, Cambridge to provide excellent support to our engineers both in the field and our workshops. The core of our business is our fleet of fully equipped service vehicles operating 24 hours a day, every day of the year. We provide thorough statutory testing and certification including weight testing both on and or, as is most frequent, service at the customer's premises or in workshops. The successful candidate will be part of the communication hub within our business, engaging and supporting a team of engineers to deliver excellent standards of service for our clients.
As a Controller / Planner / Scheduler you will be required to liaise with both our engineers and customers to ensure all works are scheduled and completed within a timely manner, or as per the set SLA (Service Level Agreement). Other duties will include administrative support, engineer and workshop support, customer service, scheduling/planning works in the field or in our workshops and taking calls from customers and engineers.
You will need to manage your work load and prioritise daily duties efficiently whilst communicating identified risks effectively. A friendly, approachable person is a necessity as the successful candidate will be working as part of a small team in a large scheduling department.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and Outlook essential. Power Point desirable.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Customer Service experience essential.
- Attention to detail - high accuracy level.
- Service reception, workshop control, engineer/crew scheduling or planning experience is desirable.
- Deadline driven
- Team Player but capable of working on own initiative to fully understand implications of changes and effective working methods.
- Excellent organisation skills.
Duties and Responsibilities: - - Dealing with incoming calls from customers regarding breakdown and maintenance issues.
- Forward planning/scheduling of work for engineers.
- Maintaining relationships between customers, engineers and the company.
- Managing "live" jobs, dealing with any issues and concerns that may arise from the customer.
- Ensuring work is completed by given deadlines (and SLA's are adhered to when applicable).
- Confirming service/repair visits 24 hours prior to appointment.
- Producing reports and keeping customer records up to date.
- Ensuring opportunities for recommendations are maximised.
Person Specification: - - The ideal candidate will have experience preferably in a service or workshop environment.
- Previous experience of planning, scheduling or controlling in a similar role is essential.
- Experience of liaising with engineers or crews is desirable.
- Tail lift and ancillary equipment knowledge desirable but not essential.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Excellent communication skills with a pleasant telephone manner.
- Adopting a positive approach and a team player in a busy office.
- Good organisation skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Proactive in problem solving.
- Professional approach to tasks, relationships and corporate culture.
- An ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Good customer focus with a desire to resolve issues an ensure customers are satisfied.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Start: ASAP
- Location: Sawston, Cambridgeshire
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 47.5 hrs a week.
Salary: £18,000 -£24,000 negotiable depending on experience
- customer service