- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Service Transition Manager - 00266453
Posting Range:21 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title Service Transition Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Service Transition Manager in Northampton. Provides technology and systems to support the Global Contact Centre business operations, responsible for the development and run capabilities to support business operational colleagues and customers.
What will you be doing?
• To define and manage the service transition process for new projects across HR Tech and Change and to develop and implement a standard service management process across HR Tech and Change following standard IT principles and standards.
• Develop a robust service transition process that can initially be used across HR Tech and Change and eventually this should roll out to all business unit within Function Technology departments.
• Working with Project team, development partners, ensure that all new projects have RTB engagement from inception and meet minimum acceptance criteria in relation to Lean Control Tool and SDLC gates; GIS Policy, Resourcing, Knowledge transfer, Stability and supportability, Risk & Control and efficient management in BAU.
• Develop and implement a standard service transition management process, work with BTB leads and business to manage the process on an ongoing basis.
What we’re looking for:
• Should be educated to degree level in a relevant discipline ideally with an MBA or honours degree with a proven track record of personal and professional achievements
• ITIL Certification- Able to demonstrate a solid understanding ITIL process related discipline (Ideally Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement)
• Must have user experience with HR processes and technical aptitude to learn functional and configuration concepts focusing on technology enabled HR transformation covering On-Premise and Cloud based applications SuccessFactors and Taleo etc
• Experience on project deliveries using Data Science, Ab-Initio, Hadoop, APIs, Workflow Case Management and Enriched User Experience and exposure to DevOps and Agile methodology
Skills that will help you in the role:
• The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, innovative with the ability to deliver quality results with a challenging but positive and influential style.
• The role holder will be a relationship builder with a reputation for integrity, evoking rapid trust and confidence in clients, colleagues and teams alike
Where will you be working?
Barclays Northampton is an operation of vast scale, with a huge influence and impact on the financial services industry and on the lives of millions of British people. Here, we process 18 million transactions worth more than £700 million every day.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.