- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- CROYDON CR9, GB
Zotefoams plc designs and manufactures specialised foam products for a world of everyday applications.
For nearly 100 years we have created solutions that enable our customers to become more competitive, profitable and sustainable. Our leadership position today is based on our portfolio of differentiated products, our technological excellence and our exceptional people.
Looking forward, our products will provide solutions in a resource-constrained world with a population that is getting older, healthier and wealthier, by helping to save energy, reduce waste, improve safety standards and keep people active.
Zotefoams is experiencing a period of strong, sustained growth and we are now looking to expand our production team, introducing 3 new vacancies for Shift Team Managers.
You’ll manage a team of between 10-20 production workers. The role is based on a day and night rotating 12-hour shift, working 182.5 days per year.
Position: Shift Team Manager
Salary: £43,000 (inclusive of shift allowance) up to 5% bonus
- Effective management of performance, conduct, absence, engagement and training and development of team members, holding people accountable to agreed departmental and company standards.
- To effectively share Site Lead responsibility, with another Shift Team Manager, during 24/7 operations outside office hours, providing guidance and leadership to all site functions to achieve optimum outputs.
- Support continuous improvement projects and activities. Identify, communicate and manage areas for improvement.
- Update KPI’s, identify and communicate associated actions and highlight areas for improvement.
- Contribute proactively to all OHSE activities, maintaining good housekeeping and a safe working environment at all times.
- Provide a shift summary and handover record with any exceptions detailed and actioned.
- Assist with the introduction of; new products, equipment, audits, procedures and processes.
Skills or experience:
- 3 years’ experience within a manufacturing environment. Experience of managing or supervising teams
- Good knowledge of continuous improvement techniques and methodologies.
- Competent in monitoring and control of resources to achieve daily schedules.
- A clear understanding of OHSE requirements.
- Good IT skills in Microsoft packages and bespoke manufacturing software.
- Good communication, management, influencing and people skills.
- A proactive approach teamed with sound decision-making skills.
- A dynamic and pragmatic approach, with attention to detail.
- A relevant technical degree is desirable or suitable industry experience.
- Relevant Lean or Continuous Improvement qualification desirable.