- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- ENGLAND GB
One of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospitals is seeking a Sister / Charge Nurse (G Grade/Band 7) to join their Consulting Rooms and Outpatients Centre based in Central London
You will be working in one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, with state-of-the-art facilities located on Harley Street. We have circa 1200 employees, a total of 8 premises, and we are dedicated to providing the best, personalised healthcare with a breadth of surgical and medical expertise whose Consulting Rooms and Outpatients Centre provides a medical environment in which a wide range of out-patient procedures are undertaken such as: Sterile dressings, Removal of stitches and clips, Wound swabs, Joint Injections, Rigid sigmoidoscopies and Photodynamic therapy to pre-cancerous skin lesions.
As a Senior Sister / Charge Nurse, you will assist the Nurse Manager in ensuring that the department is efficiently and effectively managed at all times.
- Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position (37.5 hours per week; Monday to Friday).
- Salary: The salary range for this role is £45,118 – £47,486 (inclusive), and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
- Benefits package: A comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Healthcare, 25 day’s annual leave plus 8 days Bank Holiday per year, season ticket travel loan, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education. Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with both senior and junior staff in co-ordinating and delivering quality standards of nursing care.
- Responsible for the delivery of evidence based care, and working closely with the Nurse Manager to implement change and relevant processes to improve quality and service improvement.
- Competent in managing a team on a daily basis and will support and deputise for the Nurse Manager as and when required.
- Provide professional leadership to junior nursing staff, Health Care Assistants and students within the department to promote effective communication and learning.
- Organise workload in line with clinical priorities which can vary throughout the working day.
- Manage and maintain effective communication with Consultants, ancillary professionals, nursing colleagues and clerical staff, and provide advice to other multi-disciplinary teams. Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse with valid NMC pin, and experience working in an outpatient setting.
- Mentorship qualification with a nationally recognised course in either Gynae / Colposcopy & Hysteroscopy / ENT / Head & Neck.
- Experience in supervising/managing staff in an outpatient setting including Colposcopy, Hysteroscopy, Orthopaedics, Dermatology, Plastics and ENT/Head and Neck.
- Facilitating education for pre and post registration students including HCAs
- Evidence of wound management at an advanced level with experience in policy writing, as well as Risk and COSHH assessments.
- Self-confident with proven leadership skills and the ability to organise rotas to enable skills mix.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with a good understanding of customer service excellence. Apply within remembering to attach your CV or contact Chris Bonner for more info;
/ 0161 509 7522
- customer service