- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Our purpose is to create the food our nation loves most for modern life, and we’ve been doing it a long time - many of our much-loved brands have beenpart of UK life for more than a century.
We're one of Britain's biggest food companies and you'll find our leading brands inaround 94% of British households, as well as across multipleinternational markets. We're listed on the UK Stock Exchange, withannual revenues of in excess of £800m and employ around 4,000 colleagues,across15locations.
Our UK Business Unit is responsible for developing our portfolio ofbrands in the following key categories: Flavourings & Seasonings, Cooking Sauces & Accompaniments, Quick Meals & Soups, Ambient Desserts and Sweet Treats. Our Brands include Mr Kipling, Cadbury, Bisto, Bachelors, Ambrosia, Sharwood’s, Oxo, Loyd Grossman, Homepride, Paul Hollywood and McDougall’s with some supported by our strategic partnerships with Mondelez and Nissin.
Our International Business Unit is focused on developing new markets for our brands around the world, including Australia, USA, Republic of Ireland,Middle East, South Africa and Canada.
Site Engineering Manager
Full Time, permanent
Based in Stoke on Trent
We are recruitingfor an experienced Manager to set and deliver the engineering strategy for the site and lead engineering activities, ensuring efficient, on-target production by maintenance of assets and assured technical capabilities and compliance with regulatory requirements. the sucessful canidate willsupport the team in ensuring optimum utilisation of engineering staff and equipment within capital & revenue budgets and compliance to the Company safety, quality & environmental policies.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Ensure that standards and procedures are in place and regularly updated to govern all engineering activities on site including aspects of new asset realisation, safe working practices, management of contractors and assessment of competencies of engineering staff.
- Work closely with support functions (HR, Technical and Finance) to ensure resources required are identified and communicated with all outstanding issues resolved.
- Communicate daily with Production to ensure planned maintenance, engineering and production priorities are considered.
- Meet with FGM, Senior Team & site engineering team regularly to ensure priorities are communicated. Safety, Quality, Hygiene
- Ensure compliance with legislative, moral and European directive requirements
- Ensure an environment and culture of safe working practices are understood and maintained, by personally demonstrating safe behaviour and taking responsibility for the setting and management of health & safety of engineering staff and contractors
- Undertake Accident and Near Miss Investigations
- Ensure that risk assessments are completed and actioned.
- Support a culture that enhances behavioural awareness to reduce accidents and near misses.
- To ensure all food safety principles and legal requirements have been applied effectively.
- Actively support the audit compliance and action close out meetings in order to maintain and improve site standards. People Management
- Recruit, manage and motivate staff as a first line manager via coaching, regular appraisal (PDR), mentoring, training and leadership-by-example, with direct responsibility for a named group of staff
- Set and monitor targets for Teams.
- To ensure continued improvement in engineering skills through a structured development programme, so that the skill levels match the requirement of the site operation
- Sets standards of engineering for the site
- Manages the infrastructure team i.e. Planned Maintenance, Stores etc.
- Arrange core training/competency assessments of engineering staff and develop an annual training plan. Ensure all training is documented and regularly measure performances against plan.
- Manage people via the agreed company policies and procedures. Operations Management
- Develop, implement and maintain a strategy so that the Engineering function is effective, efficient, to budget, managed, well motivated, flexible and able to adapt to changing Production circumstances
- Produce a monthly report of performance against plan / KPIs for Engineering on site.
- Create, implement and manage both maintenance and capital expenditure budgets for the factory, to achieve factory and business targets including supplier optimisation and minimal inventories
- Management of the asset register and asset disposal
- Manage the structure, culture and behavioural values for site utilities suppliers to ensure that the factory is provided with adequate, timely resources for emergency, accident, disaster or outage situation (Crisis Management) whilst meeting current, and planning for future, market demands and technical opportunities
- Undertake and direct a planned maintenance programme with consideration to optimising production
- Control costs, overhead and overtime expenditure in line with budgetary targets
- Support the integration of the engineering function into the manufacturing, ensuring that the overall technical and operational expertise of the factory is enhanced. Through this initiative, develop higher levels of plant ownership, increasing plant/machinery utilisation and performance.
- Support and encourage a one team approach mindset towards production and other support departments. Continuous Improvement
- Ensure systems for stores to minimise inventory levels and working capital
- With the site management team, ensure that the productive capability of the plant is optimised and improved for the needs of the business. This includes the provision and use of utilities (gas, water, electricity, compressed air) while complying with environment legislation
- Deliver a 5% saving in controllable costs year on year vs pro-rata increase/decrease in site volumes.
- With site utilities suppliers, proactively drive improvement and cost savings whilst maintaining the ability to meet varying and increasing demands of the business. Experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience working in a FMCG environment
- Qualified to a minimum of HNC level in an engineering discipline
- Knowledge of Asbestos, legionella, DSEAR and pressure systems.
- Previous experience in a Site Engineering Manager role.