- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £60,000.00 - £80,000.00 gross per year
Smart Cities / Internet of Things (IoT) Lead
£60000 - £80000 per annum
Our client is looking for a Smart Cities / Internet of Things (IoT) Lead to advise their portfolio of investor clients. The role is based in the South West and would suit candidates based in the Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and / or Somerset counties. The role pays c£60,000 - £80,000 plus extras, depending on experience.
The Smart Cities Lead will build out and drive our clients Smart Cities and Smart Communities programme. They will work with the Chief Digital Officer to further refine the clients strategy and value proposition for Smart Cities / Communities. They will work with a range of technology and real estate partners to integrate this thinking into a range of real-estate developments. Responsible for a set of projects for inception to completion they will ensure the benefits that smart cities/ communities can bring are clearly articulated and delivered in practice.
The Smart Cities Lead will:
* Refine and maintain the Group Strategy and Value Proposition for Smart Cities/ Smart Communities, making sure it keeps pace with the evolution of technology and demand.
* Build partnerships with real-estate and technology partners to build technology ecosystems which will give significant benefits to the communities they are deployed in.
* Lead the Groups work on Internet of Things (and associated data analytics), identifying opportunities for innovation and investment.
* Work closely with technology partners and others to ensure the opportunities to use digital technology to strengthen the fabric of society in a smart city are fully exploited.
* Manage the preparation of contracts, management information and governance materials for new partnerships including NDAs, contracts and other Project Management activities.
* Ensure projects are lead with a PRINCE2/ Agile Methodology, providing support and coaching as required.
* Chair and manage Project Boards as required. Support the Innovation Committee including coordination of members and production of required materials.
* Support the Chief Digital Officer and the broader executive team in progressing ideas and initiatives relating to smart cities through to completion.
* Knowledge and understanding of Internet of Things and Smart Cities Technology
* Strong ability to build partnerships across technology providers, real estate developers and the public sector.
* Ability to work on a number of projects simultaneously.
* Comfortable working to, often short, deadlines, prioritising demands from a variety of stakeholders.
* An interest and enthusiasm for the opportunities the 4th Industrial revolution brings. A curiosity around new ideas and an interest in exploring and investigating them.
* A strong commercial awareness and the ability to apply in Joint Ventures, formal and informal partnerships.
* Comfortable with creating materials in PowerPoint and word format to support project meetings and to document progress.
* Experience managing project progress meetings and collating relevant management information.
* A self-starter with a can-do attitude for new ideas and initiatives.
* Comfortable engaging with a variety of stakeholders, often at senior levels.
To be considered or to get further information please submit your CV for a confidential conversation
- ms project