- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
About the Team:
Smart Metering Reporting team has the responsibility of delivering both external and internal reporting requirements and analysing the data to ensure that any service related issues, trends are understood and can be managed effectively by the Service Managers.
External reports consist of our contractual obligations covering the monthly Performance Measure requirements and other reports based around various ITIL disciplines as well as service specific reports.
Internal reports drive our Operational teams within Telefonica to focus on the Smart Metering service which enables us to underpin the delivery of outstanding service to our customer, the DCC.
This role includes conducting detailed analysis of all available data, drawing out key information, spotting trends and providing the business with this statistical information in a detailed and accurate manner to enable managers to make measured and well informed decisions. You will develop models to predict future outcomes based on decisions taken today.
Using your access to data and ability to drive improvements to that data where it is deficient, you will take ownership of specific questions/challenges asked by operational decision makers. Helping operational decision makers to improve their performance in accordance to agreed business objectives.
There will be many circumstances where data in target systems is in a poor state and/or we are unable to extract data in a useful format, you will lead projects to improve and correct this.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for daily monitoring of Operational Reports
- Help prepare monthly Service Review Packs
- Identification of potential risks through analysis and interpretation of appropriate reports/trends
- Production of ad hoc reporting to enable the Reporting Manager to effectively run/monitor the Smart Metering Service
- Production of the monthly pack and other ad hoc reports required for
- Proactively analyzing data for the Smart Metering Service
- Looking for trends in Service Levels and reporting on these to the Reporting Manager
- To compile reports suitable for differing levels of audiences both internal and external and be able to present their findings clearly and concisely
- Working with operational decision makers to understand their objectives, challenges and systems/data which, if analysed, might drive improvement
- Lead improvement projects to extract, improve data in target systems
- Lead implementations/use of BI/Analytical tools to support data analysis
- Through data analysis help to forecast the operational future and support what if/scenario testing on operational decisions
- Support performance target setting by helping leaders to know what is realistic to achieve
- Support the production & maintenance of PI Frameworks, PI Dictionaries and Data model design
Skills & experience:
Essential skills, attributes and experience:
- Strong analytical/Reporting experience with Excel
- Experience in analytical tools for example Microstrategy, Business Objects
- Strong analytical & numeracy skills
- Strong knowledge of MS software, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Word and SharePoint
- Experience of applying Service Management disciplines in an operational environment
- Strong communication, facilitation and collaborations skills, with the confidence to operate at all levels
- Self-motivated, able to work with significant autonomy
- Flexible attitude to working hours
- Creative thinker, able to generate and deliver on improvements to working practices
- Implementing & Operating the Performance Measurement Methodology.
- Building & Operating the Operational reports
- Familiar with Remedy BMC
- Skilled in creating Reports
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to source and assimilate quantitative data, validate assumptions and convey complex analytical insight
Desirable skills, attributes and experience:
- Degree in Maths or Operational research
- Exposure to Telecoms
- Exposure to Smart Meters or other M2M technologies
- Knowledge of