- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
SME BI and Data Analytics - 90220363
Posting Range:16 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title – MI Developer
Location – Northampton
About the role
The role is of experienced MI developer and is required to lead the execution of Data Analytics Strategy for Procurement IT.
Would ensure that the technical architecture of the solution is in line with the overall architecture strategy
Design and develop high level solution for end to end data flow and reporting solution for Procurement
Play a lead role in implementing the archiving solution across Procurement
Drive the Best execution strategy for MI deliverables across procurement function globally.
What will you be doing?
· Support MI Development team as Subject Matter Expert to provide insightful, timely, accurate and value add reporting and analytics
· Ensuring the delivery of MI as per best practices and best in class solutions.
· Work with Stakeholders and the development teams on the requirements and involving in the architecture & designing of the MI solutions
· Agile business methodology understanding is essential
· Communication - ensuring all key stakeholders understand project milestones, risks and issues
· Execution - Working with global cross functional team, agree defined action plan with owners and dates and follow through to delivery.
What we’re looking for:
· Proven experience of Data Analysis and MI production
· Experience and good knowledge in using data warehouses like SQL, SAP BW, Big Data platforms
· Experience with data visualization software’s Qlikview, Tableau, Power BI, etc
· Experience with scripting languages (SQL, Python)
· Able to understand high level requirements and translate into meaningful MI
Skills that will help you in the role: (Nice to have)
· Data Science & Advanced Data Analytics knowledge and experience in building predictive and prescriptive analytics
· An understanding of and experience of applying machine learning methods and Big Data technologies.
· Knowledge of the key numerical, analytical and machine learning libraries Apache Spark, Hadoop or Scalding R, Octave/Matlab
· Seeks to improve and develop self as well as the wider team - responds positively to development needs that are brought raised
Where will you be working?
Barclays Northampton is an operation of vast scale, with a huge influence and impact on the financial services industry and on the lives of millions of British people. Here, we process 18 million transactions worth more than £700 million every day, and make sure that 196 Barclaycard payments every second happen seamlessly.
This couldn’t be possible without the collaboration between all our teams – from tech, marketing, functions, and operations – and the global partnerships our Northampton colleagues have. Our environmentally friendly office is within 5 minutes of the local town, easily accessible from the M1, and we run frequent shuttlebuses to and from Northampton train station.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.