- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- ENGLAND GB
What will you be doing in the role?
Based in the Advice Centre, the purpose of this role is to work collaboratively with Officers, committees, student groups and Students’ Union staff, providing specialist support, advice and research on all matters relating to student welfare and wellbeing.
Please click here for the Job Description and Person Specification
What you can expect from us?
We care about your career and so in addition to the Students’ Union wellbeing activities and staff benefits which range from a buddy scheme to free health assessments, we will provide a variety of development activities tailored to you as an individual, including:
- Training related to the role as well as your own development areas
- Mentoring from a dedicated BAME mentor
- The opportunity to undertake a Level 4 Policy Officer Apprenticeship
- The opportunity to undertake a research project What are we looking for?
For this trainee position we are looking to recruit someone from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background with:
- An interest and understanding of current issues impacting students e.g. welfare/wellbeing/education
- Planning and organisational skills as well as excellent professional communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to work independently and use own initiative as well as part of a team; ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Creative and innovative problem-solver who embraces change in a positive manner
- English & Maths GCSEs at grade C (or equivalent) The practical details
Salary: £18,703 per annum.
You will work in an exciting and progressive environment and enjoy great staff benefits:
- Generous holiday package
- Cycle to work scheme and cycle hub
- The opportunity to buy or sell annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Workplace pension scheme
- Discounted Sports Sheffield Gym Membership
- Well being Programme
- NUS Card
- ms project