- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Software Asset Management Engineer - 90221300
Posting Range:5 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: AVP, Software Asset Management Engineer
Location: Knutsford, Radbroke
This is your opportunity to be part of a team that intends to support the transformation of the SAM world and support the IT infrastructure within Barclays.
What will you be doing?
• You will be supporting the integration of a new SAM toolset into the Bank Define robust but pragmatic standards and operating procedures to ensure that the Bank meets its obligations with respect to software asset management and licensing.
• Defining supporting controls and KPIs to monitor software compliance levels and adherence to SAM standards and procedures.
• Working the Product Owners and Business Units to identify savings opportunities for renewals, software licensing, and services. Follow through with vendors and sourcing teams to obtain identified savings.
• Driving the strategy for continuous improvement and development of the SAM program, processes and tools.
• Ensuring adherence to policies and execution of all related procedures. Maintains awareness of all Barclays hardware and software process compliance requirements.
• Ensuring that usage of installed managed software is keeping with the terms and conditions of software license agreements minimizing compliance liabilities in the event of a software audit.
What we’re looking for:
• The successful applicant will have proven SAM experience at an organization of commensurate size and complexity
• They will also be able to clearly communicate their ideas, plans and designs to all levels of colleague within the bank up to and including MD level
• The successful applicant will be highly motivated and delivery focused
• The successful applicant will be highly structured and operate transparently, managing expectations and ensuring appropriate MI is in place and published.
• Agile experience preferred but not essential
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Ability to make complex situations simple and facilitate clear, fact based decisioning
• Creating value adding customisation of deployment and capability build strategies on a case by case basis
• Recognising when a team or BU is challenged vs compliance and, if required, be able to escalate and develop an effective remediation plan
Where will you be working?
The role is based in Knutsford, Radbroke office.
The Barclays Technology Campus, just outside Manchester, is our transatlantic tech command centre and one of the largest centres for information security in the UK
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.