- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £38,000.00 - £46,000.00 gross per year
Software Design Engineer up to £46,000 (salary dependant on experience) - Hastings, East Sussex.
Hello Recruitment are pleased to be recruiting a software design engineer to join a small engineering design team developing cameras and imaging systems for scientific, industrial, and defence markets.
The role will require the development in C/C++ of DLLs and drivers to control cameras and other associated hardware. This typically requires the use of third party SDKs for the interface to the PC. The drivers will also include functions for image processing and image manipulation. It is expected that a common library of functions will be created to harmonise these drivers across a broad existing product range. A comprehensive and fully documented SDK will be needed that is regularly updated to cover new additions to the product ranges.
In addition, the software design engineer will be required to update and maintain a GUI application coded in Python. This application provides the user interface to the drivers above, and also provides a wide range of additional features for image processing, image analysis, crystal orientation, computed tomography, etc. New hardware products will need to be integrated into this application as they are developed. This application provides remote client-server control, control of various other external hardware such as motorised stages, and includes a macro language for scripting and automation.
This design work will involve working closely with the in-house hardware design and test engineers. Hands-on testing of code with appropriate hardware will be needed.
The successful candidate will also be expected to provide customer support on software issues to a worldwide scientific and industrial customer base, via email/TeamViewer.
The position is full time and can be offered as a remote / home working role, based in their Hastings office.
- Proficient at coding in C/C++
- Proficient at coding in Python
- Experienced at creating DLLs in C and GUIs in Python
- Familiar with image acquisition from frame grabbers/GEV using commercial SDKs
- Familiar with image processing techniques
- Familiar with client-server techniques
- Personable, adaptable
- Able to work in a small team
- Reliable, organised, motivated and self-reliant
- Experience with coding for Labview
- Experience with coding for Matlab
- Experience with Linux
- Competent at VB
- Competent at testing code using real world hardware
- Competent at providing customer support for software issues via phone/email/TeamViewer
This role will pay up to £46,000 for the right person