- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Software Developer - 90224589
Posting Range:5 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Software Developer
This role is within our Mortgages API Engineering Team, working with a group of highly motivated engineers on developing interfaces to the heart of our mortgage sales and servicing systems.
The role will involve both hands on development and involvement in architectural decisions within a small team. You’ll be implementing features and functionality as part of our Agile development sprints, maintaining our DevOps pipeline, and working with other teams and stakeholders to drive continuous technical improvement.
What will you be doing?
• To champion and maintain good development patterns and practices within your team, including SOLID principles, Test Driven Development, and clean code
• To implement new functionality including making architectural decisions where appropriate
• To investigate and fix defects reported within the product by internal and external customers
• Work on the DevOps pipeline to define and implement the technology required to support continuous integration
• Assist within mentoring of junior members of the team, including pair programming and reviewing code
• Work with stakeholders including Project Managers and Business Analysts to convey technical challenges and define appropriate and achievable delivery milestones
• Assist the SCRUM master during Estimation and Planning meetings by researching and conveying the technical complexity of planned work
What we’re looking for:
• Previous experience within a commercial Java development environment, preferably using the Spring framework
• Significant experience of developing and supporting REST APIs (preferably defined using RAML), and a strong understanding of best practice in this area
• An understanding of source control and CI services including Bitbucket and Jenkins, with experience of configuring these to create an effective continuous integration / continuous deployment pipeline
• Worked within an Agile/SCRUM development environment
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Previous experience of mentoring junior developers
• Experience of using Test Driven Development and/or Behaviour Driven Development
• Creating/executing automated test frameworks
• An understanding of API security (tokens, certificates, authentication) and best practice in this area
Where will you be working?
You’ll be working at our flagship Technology Campus at Radbroke Hall in Knutsford. Set in the beautiful grounds of Radbroke Hall itself, out Technology Center is the home for Banking innovation. We employ a unique friendly culture, relaxed work environment and a suite of onsite benefits.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.