- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- ENGLAND GB
Position: Software Developer
Location: Brecon House, Maidstone
Reporting to: CTO
Who are Watchfinder?
Watchfinder is a global retailer specialising in the sale of pre-owned watches. We’re an e-commerce business with an exciting business strategy with further international growth. Over the past few years, we’ve built and introduced new innovative ways for our consumers to buy and sell their products to us. We always seek to improve our development techniques and welcome feedback, criticisms and suggestions of improvement from our team of humble developers.
As a developer, you can expect to be working with everyone in the business on a wide range of projects. We don’t pigeonhole people, instead we let our tech team expand and hone their talents. We use a strong stack here at Watchfinder, and we’re not afraid to try new technologies or techniques and we’re also not afraid to drop them either.
Coupled with a lot of international expansion and system scalability, we also have some exciting greenfield projects that you can get your teeth stuck into! Trust me, you will want to work on these projects!
What we look for?
We want to see developers from all levels and skills, we’re not afraid to invest in you and your longer-term progression. Therefore, it isn’t critical that you have experience in every piece of technology listed here but the more you are familiar with the more beneficial it will be.
- Proven experience with the following technologies:
- Knowledge of SQL, CI/CD pipelines, Jira or Azure DevOps and AWS or Azure platforms would be desirable.
- Strong development methodologies and experience.
- Good team player and able to work on own initiative.
- Proven ability of establishing strong, effective working relationships at all levels.
- Strong organisation, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage complex projects.
- Ability to prioritise. Why come work for us:
- Opportunity for career advancement and further learning
- Friendly & social working environment with regular social events
- Autonomy and creative freedom
- Passionate colleagues and great team spirit
- Generous basic salary, PMI, 28 days holiday, employee assistance line, opportunities for discounts from brands and training certifications. THE NEXT STEPS...
- This list of Roles and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and is not designed to limit or inhibit the way we work or how the role develops, it is intended to be a fluid document and indicates how we currently see the role
- Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check and provide two recent references
- Please advise us in advance if you have any special requirements if you are asked to attend an interview.