- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Software Engineer - 90211697
Posting Range:3 Dec 2018 - Ongoing
Job Title: Software Engineer
Global Fraud Technology
Would you like to work for a team that are the good guys helping protect the consumer as well as the bank? Do you want to build software that handles billions of financial and non-financial transactions using supervised- and unsupervised- machine learning? Do you want to be part of the team that has targets of saving the business over £100 million in the next 2 to 3 years? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually and technically challenging environment? If the answer to all these is an emphatic “yes” then we have a role for you
Global Fraud Technology is responsible for shielding our customers and protecting our assets from fraudsters. Our goals are to protect the customer and keep them informed, use “best of breed” technology to leverage truly connected data and deliver the right decisions and outcomes. We aim to attract, develop and retain world-class software engineering talent and deliver global, flexible, cutting-edge capabilities to fight the battles of today and tomorrow.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Overall purpose of role
Software Engineer, responsible for the delivery of features and capabilities in the Global Fraud Detection Platform. The platform is responsible for rejecting, approving or deferring transactions where the decision is based upon a machine learnt model score and dynamic business rules. This platform makes decisions on ~500 transactions per second with a response time of only ~200ms. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new team that is responsible for building a cutting edge platform from scratch.
· Building the platform for preventing and detecting fraud
· Hands-on coding of platform components
· Integrating the platform into various products of Barclays, such as retail bank accounts, debit cards, credit cards, mortgages, loans and merchant acquiring
· Supporting VP Lead Software Engineers and AVP Senior Software Engineers
· Facilitating VP Lead Software Engineers and AVP Senior Software Engineers to produce positive business outcomes, such as:
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
· Strong Java software engineering background
· Experience building complex software systems and providing technical leadership
· Excellent problem solving and communication skills
· Bachelor’s degree (1st or 2:1 honours) in computer science/mathematics/physics/engineering, or strong experience in complex platform-centric software development
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
· Experience in building platforms of microservices and public RESTful APIs
· Experience with JDK 8/9/10, SpringBoot, Kafka, Cucumber, Gradle, Docker
· Knowledge of building business-critical high-performance (20 milliseconds response times) OLTP systems with 5 nines availability
· Knowledge of building resilient and self-healing service-oriented architectures
· Experience with the latest open-source tools and technologies
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.