- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Software Engineer - 90219991
Posting Range:22 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Software Engineer - Java
About the role
Experienced Java Engineer responsible for the delivery of features and capabilities in the Global Fraud Identity and Verification API Platform. The platform prevents and detects fraud in various customer journeys with products of Barclays.
What will you be doing?
· Contributing to the architecture and design of the platform
· Building the platform for preventing and detecting fraud
· Hands-on coding of platform components
· Integrating the platform into various products of Barclays, such as retail bank accounts, debit cards, credit cards, mortgages, loans and merchant acquiring
· Supporting VP Lead Software Engineers and mentoring BA4 Software Engineers
· Facilitating and supporting VP Lead Software Engineers to produce positive business outcomes, such as:
o Reducing the number of customers who receive a poor customer experience
o Reducing fraud losses for the business
What we’re looking for:
· Strong Java software engineering background
· Experience building complex software systems and providing technical leadership
· Excellent problem solving and communication skills
· Bachelor’s degree (1st or 2:1 honours) in computer science/mathematics/physics/engineering, or strong experience in complex platform-centric software development
Skills that will help you in the role:
· Experience in building platforms of microservices and public RESTful APIs
· Experience with JDK 8/9/10, SpringBoot, MongoDB, Cucumber, Gradle, Docker
· Knowledge of building business-critical high-performance (20 milliseconds response times) OLTP systems with 5 nines availability
· Knowledge of building resilient and self-healing service-oriented architectures
· Experience with the latest open-source tools and technologies
Where will you be working?
Barclays Northampton is an operation of vast scale, with a huge influence and impact on the financial services industry and on the lives of millions of British people. Here, we process 18 million transactions worth more than £700 million every day, and make sure that 196 Barclaycard payments every second happen seamlessly. This couldn’t be possible without the collaboration between all our teams – from tech, marketing, functions, and operations – and the global partnerships our Northampton colleagues have. Our environmentally friendly office is within 5 minutes of the local town, easily accessible from the M1, and we run frequent shuttlebuses to and from Northampton train station.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.