- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £25,000.00 - £55,000.00 gross per year
- TYNE AND WEAR
We're looking for an experienced Server Software Engineer to join our team of experienced software engineers.
As part of a small company, your role will encompass the entire software development life-cycle, including requirements capture, prototyping, design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance.
The role includes support, maintenance and monitoring of the service. There will be plenty of opportunities to research and develop solutions using new technologies, languages and design patterns.
- Designing and implementing great new features using microservice design
- Working as an integral part of our core team
- Converting legacy components into modern microservices
- Maintaining, monitoring, and alert management of our existing services
- Participating in agile workflow
Required skills and experience:
- NodeJS and NPM
- Java or similar Object Oriented programming language
- Relational Database experience (MySQL preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Optional skills and experience:
- AWS experience/certification
- JPA, JTA, Hibernate
- Experience with a Java Servlet Container (Tomcat preferred)
If you remotely fit the description we want to hear from you. Even if this role is ultimately not the role for you we have a number of roles available which may be a better fit.