- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- SOUTH WEST ENGLAND GB
Duration: 6 Months
F-35 Software Developer
It is a principle sub-contractor on the F35 programme and is responsible for a number of systems including Prognostics and Health Management.
Defence Information are currently providing a software development capability into Samlesbury on a number of their F-35 Prognostics and Health Management development and sustainment projects.
The F-35 Software Developer will work as part of a team of engineers that will be located across different sites and will be responsible for the requirements, development and low level testing of software products that will be delivered into the Prognostics and Health Management Systems. This role is based in Yeovil although some travel to Samlesbury may be required.
Key Responsibilities of Role:
* Completion of design, implementation and low level test activities to agreed deadlines with acceptable quality.
* Investigation of issues including the recommendation and implementation of technical solutions.
* Pro-active reporting of progress, issues, risks and opportunities to Team Leads.
* Regular meetings and communication with other team members / organisations that could be located across different sites.
* Java 7 / Java 8.
* Experience of Web Application product development using Java and understanding of contemporary technologies.
* Object Oriented Design knowledge / experience
* Excellent communication and team working skills
* Eclipse / NetBeans IDE experience.
* Structured Query Language (SQL) and programmatic use of databases.
* Parquet and / or Avro data storage formats
* Knowledge of REST APIs and / or Kafka
* Business Intelligence tools (example Power BI, Jasper Reports)
* Strong Maths skills (working with algorithms)
- Start date : 01/05/2020
- Term :
- Experience Required : More than 10 years
- Salary :
- References : 171545RML_1576077384
- Activity area : IT / Systems