- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Software Engineer in Test - 90225771
Posting Range:7 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Software Engineer in Test
Looking for your next challenge within Software Engineering in Test? Barclays are refining the future of technology.
We are looking for a Software Engineering in Test role within Barclaycard International Technology business area to make a difference. You will mitigate risks to the business through precise automated execution and validation of test plans. Your role will be to ensure that the testing is completed in-line with the entry and exit criteria defined with the Test Strategy.
If this sounds like a stepping stone to progress your career in, please read on!
What will you be doing?
• Responsible for developing the Programme Test Strategy ensuring it is updated and base lined to reflect changes to the project risk profile, schedule, testing processes etc.
• Define test approach and estimate to ensure its optimum, meets project goals without compromising quality and time to market
• Implement innovative and creative methods for testing
• Test Program RAIDS are identified, maintained regularly and mitigated
• Accountable for ensuring complete test coverage across the programme during the SIT/UAT phase, based on designated scope.
• Accountable for creating the test estimates as per the Barclays standard model
• Maintain effective engagement with the Technology Office and Build teams to carry out the test Lead activities
• Reviews the Test Environment Specification and Coordinates with the Test Environment Manager
What we’re looking for:
• Knowledge of Financial Aqcuiring from Onboarding, Billing & Settlement, Servicing, Exceptions
• Experience of working with cross cultural teams at multi locations.
• Test Automation experience utilising tools IE Selenium, Cucumber
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Test script creation experience utilising Testing tools
• Previous experience working in Agile team
Where will you be working?
Barclays Northampton is an operation of vast scale, with a huge influence and impact on the financial services industry and on the lives of millions of British people. Here, we process 18 million transactions worth more than £700 million every day. This couldn’t be possible without the collaboration between all our teams – from tech, marketing, functions, and operations – and the global partnerships our Northampton colleagues have. Our environmentally friendly office is within 5 minutes of the local town, easily accessible from the M1, and we run frequent shuttlebuses to and from Northampton train station.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.