- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are looking to recruit a Software Systems Architect to design distributed systems spanning from resource constrained embedded devices, through mobile phones and up into the cloud. The role is to maintain technical overview of the whole software system ensuring it meets customer requirements. Taking account of available resources, you'll partition functionality between devices and create robust, sustainable interfaces. You'll be making technology choices for both legacy support and forward-looking open APIs. You will contribute to partner selection, taking account of both technical and commercial considerations.
* First or upper 2nd class degree from a leading university in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or a related subject.
* Experienced software engineer, who has worked with a combination of both bottom up and top down architectural approaches.
* You will enjoy writing code for concept demonstrators where necessary
* Experience of developing:
? - Remotely hosted web or cloud applications
? - Data base architectures
? - Security and encryption methodologies
? - API use, definition and deployment
* Experience of leading teams, in both formal position and without direct authority.
* Strong problem solving skills
* Have a curious, imaginative, and creative nature
* A solid understanding of engineering fundamentals and physical principles with the communication skills to put them into practice