- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Solution Architect - 90220338
Posting Range:5 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
A new opportunity has become available for Solution Architect to be based within our Head Office Technology department. As a Solution Architect, you will be responsible for the creation and management of the architecture vision, models and associated components for any project to which you have been assigned. Combined with this, you will also be required to interpret, use, and apply information and knowledge of architecture from a range of business improvement activities, particularly those involved in the design, development, enhancement and maintenance of Legal and Head Office IT support systems.
What will you be doing?
• Work with the business on continuously improving process and technology solution in line with the Legal and Head Office Technology mission and strategy
• Work with the wider team on solving technical and processing problems within the Legal and Head Office functions and promote continuous improvement
• Work closely with local technical delivery teams to advocate good architecture and development practices, and to identify and reduce technical debt
• In conjunction with Enterprise and Lead Architects, help define and document the current and architectural vision, including detailed roadmaps, and constantly monitor it to ensure it meets the organization’s needs and reflects changing technologies
• Provide architecture and general technical support and guidance to the Legal and Head Office IT delivery teams, as required
• Clearly communicate to all stakeholders the architecture vision and roadmap, presenting the business case for key decisions
• Review application and architecture design (both internal and vendor based) ensuring adherence to Barclay’s standards, good practice and adhere to the architectural road-map
• Continuously research technical solutions that may positively impact on the business
What we’re looking for:
• Full stack software design experience: desktop and web user interfaces, applications servers, API's, database design, etc
• Proven experience developing and advising best practice in an object oriented programming language such as Java, or C#, and with a demonstrable understanding of programming and integration design patterns
• Excellent understanding of architectural patterns such as service orientation, micro services
• Broad exposure to a variety of IT disciplines such as infrastructure, database design, development of web and desktop applications, workflow, API development, messaging, deployment
Skills that will help you in the role:
• ITIL certified.
• Is aware of one or more SQL related utilities
• Is aware of Performance tuning concepts such as explain plan, query optimization, table scans etc.
• Exposure to Data Mining and Big Data Analytical tools, such as Hadoop, is favourable
• Project Management experience; specifically, under the Agile methodology is favourable.
Where will you be working?
This role will be based in our Aurora house Glasgow office; a stones throw away from Glasgow Central Train Station and the heart of Glasgow.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.