- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Solution Architecture : 0000DQBV
Infrastructure Solution Architect
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world’s leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking a Infrastructure Solution Architect to join HSBC Technology.
HSBC is undertaking a modernisation of IS service as part of digital transformation, this is leading to an aggressive program of uplifting GPB DIGITAL to offer greater value to our customers. The program will overhaul services using API first approach, Cloud where applicable, an Agile development approach and DevOps methods. This role will work hand in hand with Software delivery architect and engineers to ensure that the program takes full advantage of Cloud, micro services and digital technologies.
What you will be doing;
GPB Solutions Architecture & Engineering delivers business infrastructure architecture & designs. The team also manages & optimises portfolio of infrastructure driving operational improvement & cost efficiencies.
The role focuses on some Architecture:
- - Determine business requirement and influence solution towards ITID future state model
- - Ensure logical design contributes to technology objectives
- - Examine potential demise opportunities and propose deployment options
- - Consider service placement requirements
- But mainly Design:
- - Ensuring end to end completeness of technical design, including Non-Functional Requirements realised and validated
- - - Verify impact to adjacent services/systems and validate deployment and support model
- - Qualify technical acceptance of all components
- - Review design and gain approval via Solutions Architecture Board
- - Finalised commercials and approval
What you will bring to the role;
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
- Cloud Technologies (Google Cloud and AWS would be of interest but not essential)
- Networking (Cisco, TCP/UDP, Broadcast/Multicast, LAN/WAN)
- Server Operating systems internals, benchmarking and performance tuning (Linux, Windows, Solaris), CPU Microarchitectures (Intel, AMD, SPARC) & Server Virtulization (VMware, Xen, Hyper-V, KVM)
- Storage (EMC SAN – FC, FCoE, iSCSI, SRDF; NetApp NAS - CIFS, NFS)
- Databases (Oracle & MS SQL; VCS & MSCS)
- Web applications servers (Apache HTTP Server & Tomcat, IIS, Websphere)
- Strong Stakeholder skills and experience with the ability to influence and negotiate effectively
- Building close working relationships with team members and the wider stakeholders with the ability to listen and communicate appropriately
This role will primarily be based at our Sheffield site but some travel may be required.
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
: Europe-United Kingdom-South Yorkshire-Sheffield
: Full-time Shift
: Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Global vacancy
: 04-Dec-2019, 13:48:39 Unposting Date
: 18-Dec-2019, 23:59:00
About the company
HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. We serve around
48 million customers through four Global Businesses:
• Commercial Banking
• Retail Banking and Wealth Management
• Global Banking and Markets
• Global Private Banking
Our network covers 72 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and North Africa, North America and Latin America.
With around 6,100 offices worldwide, we aim to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and ultimately helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
HSBC is listed on the London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris and Bermuda stock exchanges.
Specialties: Banking, Financial Services, International Finance and Banking, Wealth Management, Corporate and Business Banking.