- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Solution Designer - 90171474
Posting Range:14 Feb 2018 - Ongoing
Solutions Designer (AVP)
Barclaycard Business Solutions is a portfolio of B2B2C (business to business to consumer) businesses including merchant acquiring, commercial payments, offers and point-of-sale (POS) finance. Making our clients more successful is at the heart of what we do. We are unique. We are the only business in the UK which can make and take payments, putting us in a unique position to offer a broader choice of payment solutions and products to our B2B customers. Our focus is on making clients more successful by allowing them to always make the sale, help them pay and to help them to promote and sell.
· Responsible for creating technology solutions to meet business requirements, in line with Cluster and Group IT Strategies and Architectures
· Working with the relevant product Owner, Scrum master, Lead Solutions Designer or Technical Lead - responsible for ensuring that the outcomes delivered by projects are consistent with the original solution
· Support the development of systems strategy and plan for the supported business area
· Provide ad-hoc consultancy as required to the business on technical matters
· Familiar with integration and implementation issues and their architectural implications.
· Excellent understanding of best practice architectural and design methods.
· Experience of working in an Agile Scrum delivery team methodology is essential
· The role requires the ownership and clear articulation of business / technical challenges, structured evaluation of potential solutions, including external market and internal options. Driving out decisions (presenting to senior executives as required) the most cost effective solution to meet the business requirement that also aligns to internal policy, external regulation and fully supporting of the architectural, resilience and none function requirements.
· Good understanding of payments industry
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.