- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Solution Designer - 90222683
Posting Range:15 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
Solution Designer (Pega)
The Solution Designer will be an experienced and high calibre Engineer with good functional and technical engineering skills and/or product knowledge to work with business stakeholders and key suppliers to deliver change to agreed time, quality and cost parameters.
What will you be doing?
• Lead components of system engineering activity for one or more applications across the end-to-end software development lifecycle.
• Maintain an in-depth technical understanding of the application, being recognised as the ‘go to’ contact for technical queries, live incidents and problems.
• Ensure that the technical integrity and quality of the applications is maintained across their lifetime, leading the development of any technical changes being proposed.
• Provide system-specific knowledge and technical expertise to assist in the definition of technical strategies or business solutions.
• Be the Owner of all changes to the application throughout the whole product life cycle including run and retirement of systems.
• Manage the relationship between the vendor and Barclays through the software development lifecycle.
What we’re looking for:
• TOGAF/ Pega LSA or similar certified with hands on knowledge on market standards
• Experience in Pega CLM, CORE JAVA, Database design and SQL
• Proven Hands on application delivery and solution design experience
• ability to manage and resolve complex and ambiguous technical issues
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Project management methodologies, e.g. CMMi, Prince II, PMI (Preferred)
• GUI Technologies like DHTML Angular JS, JQuery etc
Where will you be working?
Barclays Scotland is a real Scottish success story. We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and our significance has never been as important as it is today. Glasgow is a recognised strategic hub within Barclays globally, and admired as a shining light in Scottish business. Due to the scale of work we do here, there are countless opportunities for our colleagues to develop and progress. We’re a place where talented people can build a satisfying and diverse career, within a community of talented and passionate people.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.